Bloomington UIF Unveiling...

sbirgells

Absolutely Horrible - and you thought Halloween and all the horror was over -

That's just plain 'crap' (sorry Chris for the harsh language)

:cursing:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Boy howdy, that Collegiate is sure one helluva font, ain't it, kids?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Bloomington Extreme will have tryouts for local talent in December and a training camp in March before the season begins mid-March.

Because, let's face it, no one outside of Bloomington, and very few inside it, I bet, cares.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

It is a short step above the CBA's infamous Capital Region Pontiacs. I am not making this up. It was a team sponsored by the Albany area's Pontiac dealers.

CapitalRegionPontiacs.GIF

It might come in a tie with the CISL's Detroit Neon, which was obviously named after the Dodge automobile, since the wordmark is the same.

DetroitNeon94.GIF

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I have a buddy that played for the Neon... err.. neon. That is EXACTLY what they did. It was a total marketing campaign. The first year of the neon was the first year of the neon soccer team. Then.. in another stroke of genious, they became the Detroit Safari.

Named after.. yep... the "Safari" vehicle.

I have a buddy that played for the Neon... err.. neon. That is EXACTLY what they did.  It was a total marketing campaign.  The first year of the neon was the first year of the neon soccer team.  Then.. in another stroke of genious, they became the Detroit Safari.

Named after.. yep... the "Safari" vehicle.

I knew about the Safari, but I don't know if the wordmark also matched on that logo. Here it is in any case.

DetroitSafari97.GIF

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As a longtime lurker there is no better time than have my first post than now.I sent 4 nickname suggestions to the team's website when they had a naming contest before they decided to go with the dealership's name.The arena group will get what it deserves when the team folds/relocates in a year or two any way.Now I'll just have to hope our UHL team gets a better name.

Archived