Wearing Jerseys and Caps...

ColeJ

here's something i've been thinking about lately... it's somewhat of a womany thing to think about, but i'm secure enough in my manhood to ask what you guys think about it :)

i'm sure most of us on here own several jerseys... and not all of them are of our #1 favorite team in that sport.

for instance, i'm a stars fan, a titans fan, etc... but i still own a blackhawks jersey and a vikings jersey. i just love the blackhawks sweaters, and daunte culpepper is one of my favorite athletes... even though i'm not a huge fan of the vikings in general.

so here's my question... what do you guys think is acceptable head-wear for jerseys? it's no problem wearing my titans jersey with a titans hat... i wear a dallas stars baseball cap with my mavericks jersey, too. so it doesn't have to always be of the same team.

but lately, i've worn my stars baseball cap with my jevon kearse eagles jersey a few times, because green and black looks good with green and black...

but i only own an eagles jersey because jevon kearse is my favorite football player. i became a fan of his as a titans fan, and ended up buying his phili jersey, too.... so since i'm wearing it to support jevon, instead of the eagles, would it be weird to wear a titans hat with that jersey? when you start wearing things of 2 different teams in the same league, it gets weird... but like i said, i'm only wearing an eagles jersey because i'm a titans fan who became a big fan of "the freak".

so what's your opinions on acceptable headwear for jerseys?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titans hat + Eagles jersey = heh, you can do it but you'll know it looks funny. still, that shouldn't be a huge problem if you keep this old sayin in tow: those who mind don't matter, and those who matter dont' mind :D

Stars hat + Eagles jersey = heh, doable. I usually only wear my Bears hat if I'm wearing my Bears jersey under it. So, I usually wear either my Bucks or Packers hat, cus of my Michigan State jacket that I got as a gift. heh, I've had trouble finding a similarly-styled Wisconsin jacket, though I did find West Point in this style)

any basketball/sleeveless jersey over any sleeved jersey = PLEASE don't...(yeah, I know you didn't bring that up, but this has to be said.) I saw this fella in Walmart the other day, he had on a Blazers jersey over a Falcons jersey. Who does that? :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I usually try and match teams. If I have a Pats jersey, it's a Pats hat. Or a neutral hat (winter cap, or Titleist, Nike, etc.) in white/grey or something. I will occassionally mix and match, wear a basic Reebok low profile Pats hat with a Michigan jersey, but I try not to. It looks very tacky if you mix and match.

spikes.jpg

The wearing of teams representing two different sports is cool , but I wouldnt wear two different teams in the same league. The only thing womanly about your post are the roses in that sissified Blackburn Rovers logo on your ID(Sorry , Manchester United fan taking a cheap shot)

Personally, I only wear one sports branded item at a time. If I'm wearing a baseball cap of any team in any sport, I leave my Packers jacket at home.

Ditto. I probably own 2.3% as much branded stuff as the rest of you (from the sound of things anyway), but I generally adhere to this rule as well. The exception is if I am attending an event of the team in question, in which case multiple consistent items are okay.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

all the guys I see here in New York City always hook up the jersey with the cap

of the same team or at least the fashion equivalent. So if they're wearing a Miami

Heat jersey they will then have a Heat fashion lid from New Era. In NYC it's all about them matching even down the sneakers.

I'm with Gothamite...I try not to overdo it.

Now if I'm going to a game, it's no thing to wear a Missouri State t-shirt/sweater with a Missouri State hat. Or a Blues jersey and hat. But I feel strange wearing a team-branded shirt with a different-team branded hat at the same time...or both of the same team if I'm not at a game.

I don't wear hats much anymore, but when I do it's usually with a polo (if I'm covering an outdoor event at work) or non-sports t-shirt.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

of the same team or at least the fashion equivalent. So if they're wearing a Miami

Heat jersey they will then have a Heat fashion lid from New Era. In NYC it's all about them matching even down the sneakers.

I figure I know what ya mean by that...I'd do the same thing if I owned a few more pairs of shoes :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The only baseball caps I wear on a regular basis are colleges:

Penn State, where I spent a summer

Miami, where I spent a summer

Notre Dame, Irish pride

Arizona State, Where my sister went

But then I'm also a high school senior looking at colleges, and so I like to grab t-shirts when visiting schools. Is it okay to wear my ASU hat with my UMass shirt?

What about Penn State hat with UConn shirt? They do use the same colors.

So far, nobody else has talked about college-branded items. I have no qualms about mixing college gera with pro gear... the gold on my ASU hat looks pretty good with the old style Lemieux jersey I have.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I don't think color coordination justifies mixing teams. Otherwise, a Red Sox hat would go nicely with a Yankees jersey since they are both predominantly navy blue. I guess it doesn't "clash" to haven't different logos, etc., but to me different teams inherently don't belong together.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Normally I try and go with some form of a connection between the two. I wear my Knicks jerseys with my Mets caps, for instance.

Other times, I go with color coordination, but without messing around with team loyalties. So, I would never wear a Red Sox cap with anything from NY, for instance. Something I do, for example, is wear my Oilers alternate jersey with an LA Dodgers cap.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Personally, I only wear one sports branded item at a time. If I'm wearing a baseball cap of any team in any sport, I leave my Packers jacket at home.

I second that. I actually got rid of a lot of my jerseys when I lost weight, but I used to wear my hockey jerseys with a UWM hat quite often. It was comfortable, especially for those nights where I had to stay until 1-2 AM to work on something. Currently, I only own one jersey (an authentic Brewers home), and I only wear it when I go to Brewers games. I'll either wear it with my Brewers hat or a college hat that has somewhat similar colors. My two favorite college hats (both Zephyr DH/DHS Z-Fit) are my yellow Georgia Tech hat and my black Long Beach State hat.

QPR%20Sig.png

You are correct, sir.

Only wear out one sports item at a time... unless of course you live in NYC or another large jersey.

Even wearing multiple items to a game looks silly, unless it's college football.

Don't be like those guys who wear a band's t-shirt to their concert.

That basiclly describes me - I coordinate the entire look down to the shoes.

Sometimes I'll wear different teams if they're affiliated. I'll wear a Red Sox cap with a Lowell Spinners jersey, stuff like that.

I see a lot of people at Lowell Lock Monsters games wearing Carolina Hurricanes hats (affiliate). A few games last year I wore an old Saint John Flames jersey. It was a conflict, though. The Flames franchise was sharing Lowell last year with Carolina, so that wasn't a stretch. But my jersey was a game-worn Darrel Scoville jersey, who was playing for Lowell's opponent that night, the Providence Bruins.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think I'm one of those freaks who is REALLY into logos, uniforms, etc., but I hardly ever WEAR any of the stuff. And, I hate wearing caps, so that NEVER happens...don't own very many jerseys at all...I just don't like looking like a walking billboard. But, that's just me.

Give me a comfortable pair of jeans, and a solid colored (no graphics) t-shirt anyday...that's pretty much my "uniform"...

Currently, I only own one jersey (an authentic Brewers home), and I only wear it when I go to Brewers games. I'll either wear it with my Brewers hat or a college hat that has somewhat similar colors.

See, that I can't do.

I can't wear a non-Brewers cap to a Brewer game. I hate seeing fans wearing stuff that belongs to another team at the ballpark (even if it's not a direct competitor). I want as much Brewers stuff in the stands as possible.

I don't like being a billboard either, except when I'm at a game. Then I want to represent, and I want to do it loud and clear.

i go for color usually. i try my best to match by color and region, but two teams from the same league is a no go. I only like the bears, so that's all the nfl merch i own. I'll mix in a notre dame cap with my gold pacers alt. i'll wear a u of i cap with a bears jersey, etc. college and pro is a good way to go. but if it's cubs stuff, its all cubs stuff.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived