"Kentucky Barnburners" Concept

ltravisjr

*EDIT* A updated version is posted later in this thread (Nov. 12th)

Hey all - Its taken a while, but I have finally finished this package and thought I would post it and maybe get some CC. It is for a fictional team called the "Kentucky Barnburners". Why Kentucky? Well, of course I needed a place barns were common, and I just thought "Kentucky Barnburners" rolled of the tongue well. Anyway, I wanted to keep the logo simple yet striking at the same time. Also, I wanted the uniforms to be modern and unique, but still remain "realistic". You can be the judge of whether I accomplished those goals. I am also interested in your opinion of the red alt. I really debated using an orange jersey but decided to change things up a bit with the red. Anyway, thanks for taking a look; a lot of effort has gone into it.

LT

BarnUni2.png

But, the red just looks out of place to me.

Samething for me. And there,s not enough differences between the away alternate and away concept.

As for the rest of it, it's awesome, I espacially like the flames on the pants... They're just enough, not too much...

Nice work...

And BullsandBearcats suggestion for an orange instead of red is a good one, I would be curious to see the results...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Wow ... that is some awesome work there. I'm loving the flaming ball/B secondary logo and the wordmark, and the flame on the pants.

The red alt seems a little out of place given that red is a pretty minor part of the logo's colour scheme. I had to look at it twice to figure where that was coming from. Perhaps an orange alt would fit better with the whole package.

The primary logo is good, but it's hard for me to picture where it would be used on the uniforms. Maybe it will just be like a logo on the field or something?

I'd also like to see a sans serif block font for the nameplate and a thicker, more rounded font for the numbers, like was used in the wordmark. I think that would tie the unis into the logo package really nicely.

Wow ... that is some awesome work there. I'm loving the flaming ball/B secondary logo and the wordmark, and the flame on the pants.

The red alt seems a little out of place given that red is a pretty minor part of the logo's colour scheme. I had to look at it twice to figure where that was coming from. Perhaps an orange alt would fit better with the whole package.

The primary logo is good, but it's hard for me to picture where it would be used on the uniforms. Maybe it will just be like a logo on the field or something?

I'd also like to see a sans serif block font for the nameplate and a thicker, more rounded font for the numbers, like was used in the wordmark. I think that would tie the unis into the logo package really nicely.

All excellent suggestions, officeglenn. I think I can plan on incorporating every one of them. In fact everyones suggestions so far are helpful. My first priority will be the home alt. The masses are speaking already: an orange jersey would be better. I could also throw out an all blue/blue monochrome alt if anyone would like to see it (although I am not a fan of monochromes myself). The primary - well originally it was going to be the helmet logo (sans wordmark). Actually, the whole package began with the primary - secondary "B" was merely an afterthought. However, it wound up looking good enough I decided to put it on the helmet instead. The primary would have to simply be for field art, merchandising, etc.

Thanks, updates will be coming in time...

LT

The unis are gorgeous, altough I agree with the orange alt, especially the pants. The only issue I have is that the football takes up too much of the B that the B maybe unnecessary. I would love to see the flaming football by itself as the helmet logo. It could have a similar look as the eagle wing or viking horn.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The unis are gorgeous, altough I agree with the orange alt, especially the pants. The only issue I have is that the football takes up too much of the B that the B maybe unnecessary. I would love to see the flaming football by itself as the helmet logo. It could have a similar look as the eagle wing or viking horn.

Psst...did you happen to see what I used for the watermark ^_^ ? The flaming B actually evolved from the first letter of the wordmark, and the red part was later tweaked to hint at the football shape. I actually like having the B part but I am certainly willing to experiment. I think at least a tertiary might be in order.

LT

Psst...did you happen to see what I used for the watermark ^_^ ? The flaming B actually evolved from the first letter of the wordmark, and the red part was later tweaked to hint at the football shape. I actually like having the B part but I am certainly willing to experiment. I think at least a tertiary might be in order.

LT

You know, I didn't notice, lol. Good job. Wordmarks that you don't notice are always the best kind. After studying it I really do like the flaming football by itself. Another idea might be to put it on the sleeves ala the Bucs pirate ship and move the numbers to the shoulders. Again, just ideas. I love what you already have done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

First off, I think this is a great set. I love the logos, I just wish there was a way to get this on the uni. I like the flame at the bottom of the pants and the orange stripe on the away alt.

I have a couple of items about the uni that bother me though.

First, I would change the home alt to orange. I would switch the away set with the away alt. Also on the away set, the piping on the jersey should match the piping on the pants (all orange, or blue). I think the socks all should have an orange stripe like the away alt.

I love the comments so far, and trust me - I am making use of them. I need an opinion on the wordmark though: On the uniform, the flames are too detailed to see so I will remove them from those wordmarks. Should I also go ahead and remove them from the large wordmark under the primary logo?

LT

I would say, yes, remove the flames from the wordmark. Or else redesign them with more randomly-shaped tongues of flame. Right now (despite the color) they read more like waves.

But the logo set is right on. Very nice work. And the flames on the pants is a perfec tough.

Some of the ideas you have here are just amazing.

Flaming football: Perfect icon, with or without the B. Primary logo with barn: Great logo. Great use of negative space. Great way to communicate the name with near-perfect execution. The football is still better, but the barn is a great, great logo as well. The wordmark: I like the flame pattern in the letters. A long name needs a good pattern in it. What bothers me is that the B in the wordmark is different than the B secondary logo. They really need to be idenitcal, or at least almost the same, to succeed in my opinion. The uniforms: Good innovation. I like the flame on the pants, but the other stripes and pipes make it too loud when used in addition to the flame. Either the flame stripes or the piping/shoulder stripes, not both. Numbers are great. Simple, but the colors are great and give them punch. Great color palette, by the way. :P The wordmark, as is, is too busy for the collar. Make it one color and smaller, and it would look much better in that position. Red alternate is definitely out of place.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Very nice. I agree with those who said the red isn't really all that necessary as anything but a supporting color. The primary marks are excellent and very dynamic.

The typeface of the wordmark is the weakest point of the whole package.

I'm sure you'd have the 'Burn Victims of America' protesting... :P

Archived