"Kentucky Barnburners" Concept

ltravisjr

your fiery "B" / football logo is excellent...  however it looks much better on the blue helmet than vs. white.

Thanks Chris, I agree completely. I will probably end up reserving that for use only on the helmet and use the football without the B as an alternate. I have nearly finished an update I will post in the next day or two to tighten some of these issues up.

LT

Everyone -

Thanks for all the comments. I have taken advantage of a lot of them and put together an update to this package. The main changes were:

1) Replaced the red alternate with an orange. You all were correct, it looks better.

2) The wordmark was a problem. It was too detailed for the jersey so I took it off completely. I also made the flame pattern more realistic. Is it still too busy for a primary wordmark, I don't know...

3) Everyone, including myself, really liked the flaming football. I made it the secondary logo and used it as a sleeve patch. The "B" remains on the helmet.

4) I changed the number and nameplate fonts match the style of the concept, while retaining their simplicity.

I am pleased with the update, with one minor concern. The sleeves might be too busy now with the patch and the stripes. Tempest brought up a good point that the stripes might already be overkill. Generally, I like shoulder stripes but in this case, what do you all think: keep the stripes or lose 'em?

BarnUni.png

LT

I prefer the red (surprise), and it would need a different colour helmet--

but the blue is good too.

The revised version that leaves just the red in the flames is good--it's more consistent.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Being a Kentuckian, I think the idea (name) is a great name. When you drive down the highway near Lexington you see countless numbers of abandoned barns. I see the team fitting in Lexington not Louisville because Louisville is the more modern part of KY other than the North. But back to the unis, I love the concept, unlike what many have said, I enjoy seeing the red as it really pushes out the team name. Great job man.

I like it, except for the wordmark, which looks a bit muddled.

I agree, instead of flames, it looks more like waves of water washing through the letters. I, personally, like the red alt, but it says "Falcons" too much, so perhaps just going with an orange alt, as suggested, just to break that comparison is a good idea.

~UJ

Oh yeah. Its awesome. I think the primary logo (the barn) is very unique and well rendered.

This looks great.  Awesome job, man.

Thanks, AAO. Coming from you that's high praise.

Jipetto, you might have missed my revision - effectively or not, I already made the changes you suggested :)

Everyone, thanks for all the good words as well as the constructive criticism. For those who wanted to barn logo featured in the package, here it is in the field art:

LT

BBFIELD2.jpg

Great update. I love that flaming football.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived