Maryland Terps helmet

gueman

horrible.. *shakes head*

Thanks for your contribution and all, but read this, it'll help you (and us)...

Oh, and stop being a jerk...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wowza...that's beyond outside the box...

Gotta give the credit for the creator of this matching it up to how an actual terrapin shell looks...and then converting into the school colors.

As a concept, this is pretty darn cool...

==============================

and greg...I don't think our humble creator was takin a shot at PILL at all...more like he was taking a shot at the first lummox with the gi-normous sig that just plopped all over his concept without offering anything to the table.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The conservative guy in me thinks it is a little over the top. The Maryland fan in me says that if someone is going to go that far over the top, let it be the Oregon Nike-Test-Pilots. We must protect this house.

By the way, if it were to happen, I like what you have put together. Good use of the pattern and the school colors.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

GREAT IDEA...  just needs to be fixed / executed right... (a familiar dillema for me) anywayyyyyy,  2 things:  the pentagon / hexagon shell pattern shapes are too vertically stretched, and should be more symmetrical... and the colors~ perhaps too close to the Redskins? (relevant considering it's a DC metro team ... but I'm sure (UMD alumnus) Dan Snyder wouldn't dissaprove ...

The colors are that of the University, yellow(ish), red, black and white which are the colors on the Maryland state flag. I belive the Redskins colors are burgundy, yellow and white. The shell pattern was traced from a real turtle so blame God for the asymmetrical pattern. As for the execution I know I am not the most skilled poster here, but that shouldn't limit myself or anyone else from presenting a novel concept. At least I don't fill the board with recolorizations, crossovers and HUGE sigs.

Whoa, why is everyone so friggin' sensitive about their concepts lately? G's-Us!

gueman, P.I.L.L. didn't say anything even remotely warranting the tone of your comeback. It IS a great idea, but it COULD be executed better, sorry. The pattern DOES look vertically stretched, and while I won't blame God since he's my homeboy, I will say that you can kinda fluff with nature a bit since it's your concept and everything.

He gave you props for the idea and gave you some ideas on how to make it stronger. It wasn't a silly post, it was C&C with a little humo(u)r included.

[Drew Rosenhaus]Everybody just chill out![/Drew Rosenhaus]

Damn...:evil:

I was just pointing out that the U of M's colors and the 'Skins only share two colors. And that I was trying to accurately reproduce the shell of a diamondback terrapin and make it fit on to a helmet. the second part was just a general b***ch at all the bashing going on here. Some of us have cool ideas, but poor skills and others have poor ideas but great skills. I give my approval to any one who wants to run with this and make a uni for it as well . Just give me the props for the original idea.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

but that would be a sweet TATC type of concept. Hell, it couldn't be any worse than Nike's "futuristic" look, right. With that shell pattern being the pants stripes or shoulder stripe or something, kinda in the way the basketball team has that awesome pattern on their jersey trim.

I agree, the first thing I thought when I saw this concept is it would make a great TATC helmet. It definitly would beat the Nike concept (which wasn't much of a TATC, since they only really changed the color of one sleeve.) Great Concept

Archived