New Orleans Saints Concept

ColeJ

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big Saints fan and am thus pretty picky about concepts and changes, but this is outstanding work. It captures the feel of the city (which probably sounds strange if you've never lived there). The only thing I BEG you to lose is that state of Louisiana logo on the gold jersey. Other than that, I'd be stoked to see the Saints take the field in uni's like these.

OK, I'm adding that I agree on the pants stripes (need to be the same size) and on the black jerseys, IMO the numbers should be straight gold on white (no black in between). Other than that, they're golden (no pun intended).

I love the general concept.  the striping really flows, as these two colors are just made for each other.  However, I hate gold jerseys so i can only give you an 8-10.  They just translate so poorly to the actual finished product.

I second this, and will add that it's especially difficult to pull off when the team has gold helmets also. The whole "million shades of gold" thing is one of my sore spots re the Saints' uni's.

Also, it finally hit me what I like most about the jersey style: the contrasting color design that crosses the jersey suggests the wrought iron look of the French Quarter. Look at the left side of my bottom sig to see what I mean. Maybe I'm reaching and I'm sure that wasn't the actual intent but it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived