Charlotte Bobcats Concept

AAO

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, doesn't that tail look long? The angle it's at doesn't show the entire tail, just the tips. It looks like its curling up, like it's maybe a good foot long or so.

Doubt that, Ian.

The cat's name is a shortened form of "bobtail cat", so its very name emphasizes how short its tail is.

Also, bobcats have distinctively long, curved hair that flesh out their cheeks, looking almost like a pageboy haircut silhouette (think Johnny Depp in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory"). Tempest's sig has the Ohio U. bobcat logo, which calls attention to this, and the logo that Gordie included really accentuates the contours created by these hairs. The latest version of your cat still looks more housecat than bobcat - and I think fixing the hairs coming off the sides of the face would help.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Actually, doesn't that tail look long? The angle it's at doesn't show the entire tail, just the tips. It looks like its curling up, like it's maybe a good foot long or so.

youre right....i got the pic to show the face features more than the tail

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

i like the overall scheme, but i have two suggestions. one is to put charlotte above bobcats. i'm sure everyone gets who the team is, but i would like to see it there. next, i'm not to sure about the teal and orange. i know that you wanted to think outside the box and experiment, but blue and orange are a classic combo, imo. however, great work overall!

i like it a lot, you really changed it for the better. Im still not sure on the face, it looks like something is missing, i just cant put my finger on it. I like the color change, and the wording looks perfect. I dont know if the scratches on the C look better, maybe you didnt change them...Is that the same as the scratches on you Carolina Panthers logo redesign?????

Overall really good

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

The tail still looks a little too long, and to me it doesn't look like it's attached to the body of the cat correctly. I think you should just have the tail rising slightly behind the back half of the "B" in "BOBCATS." Secondly, I really, really like the Bobcats color scheme right now and I think you should stick with it. The palette in your first concept was much better than this black/gold/grey.

The face looks odd to me. The far cheek looks out of place. It looks like it should be curving the other way to me. The tail and everything looks better, although it seems as though most bobcats have some sort of spots. It's jus an idea, it might be a bit too much if you were to add them though. I actually liked the old colors more, although the new ones look fine as well.

You might want to work on the C logo to distinguish it more and integrate it into the design. Coupla reasons for that:

1) The angular feel doesn't really match the bobcat

2) I get a strong Nashville Predators feel from it as is (if ya don't get what I mean, check the Preds' x-line logo).

Otherwise, I can't think of any shortcomings. Nice work.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

It looks as though someone has punched in the right side of his face. (our left)

Simply take the shape you've used for the left side of his head (our right) and mirror it over. YOu can put it in shadow if you like, but you would see most of the head from that angle.

Also, his tail is still too long (should be wider to emphasize how short and bobbed it is) and his body is too long. They are fairly stocky short cats.

Great start though.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived