Patriots Uniform Numbers

vsrg

Sorry if this was discussed before, but does anyone know when the Patriots changed the color scheme of the numbers on their current road white jerseys?

I have 4 authentic Pats white road jerseys (all purchased at their pro shop so I'm assuming they're legit). Two of them, made by Reebok, have blue numbers outlined with grey then red. The other two (older jerseys made by Adidas) have blue numbers outlined in white and then red.

I've been searching for photos of the grey variety, but can't locate any. Was this a 1 year style? If so, what year? Did they ever have the grey style at all?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've been searching for photos of the grey variety, but can't locate any.  Was this a 1 year style?  If so, what year?  Did they ever have the grey style at all?

A quick scan of game photos from 2000 through the present indicates that the Patriots have never worn jerseys with blue numbers outlined in gray and red.

Here is a similar thread about the topic.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Thanks, I'd missed that thread.

I'm beginning to wonder what these jerseys are then. Is it possible that Reebok messed them up and still sent them to the Patriots Proshop? I would have figured someone (more attentive than me, apparently) would have noticed it along the line. Anyone come across this sort of issue before?

Wouldn't be the first time these things got screwed up...

Have you noticed all the guys who buy Philadelphia Eagles "authentic" jerseys? They've got SILVER trim on them.

The only Silver in the Eagles' identity is in the logos. The uniforms all use Midnight Green, Black and CHARCOAL (a dark, non-metallic Gray).

You are right, Pantone. I've seen "authentics" (and reps) with both silver and charcoal. Heck, I've seen them in the same store on the same rack!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You are right, Pantone. I've seen "authentics" (and reps) with both silver and charcoal. Heck, I've seen them in the same store on the same rack!

Personally, I think it would be better if they DID just go with Silver (and pick one - they actually use two different ones PLUS the Charcoal), and got rid of the Charcoal altogether.

I put this together to show the real colors (using textiles):

PhiladelphiaEagles_NumCompare_2005_TEX.jpg

Archived