NBA "Special" unis for St. Patty's Day

DGivens87

I was reading the latest issue of GQ, and I belive it was Paul Lukas (I'm at work, so I don't have it in front of me) who wrote a piece on the new NBA alts/throwbacks for this season. He also mentioned something about the NBA doing a "special" promotion on St. Patrick's Day on all jerseys league-wide. I don't follow the NBA, but I figured someone here knows more about it...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, that signature is out of control.

sorry bro...I'm in the process of trying finding a smaller one or having someone help me create a smaller version of it. sorry :cry:

Man, that signature is out of control.

i've gotten to the point where i've turned sigs off... too many of them are just too freakin big on this board.

I turned mine off a long time ago...thank God.

Anyway, we discussed this a couple of weeks ago...here are two logos that the NBA released for St. Patty's Day:

NBAStPatricksDay_PL2_2006.jpg

NBAStPatricksDay_PL_2006.jpg

That's all I know so far...

So it's just pretty much any normal day for the Celtics...

Maybe they'll go back to the matte jerseys and the shiny shorts they wore with Cousy and Russell? That would be fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Who's wearing the special jerseys? New York, Chicago, Boston...was there another team?

I think this could be a fun tradition. More teams should wear green jerseys.

the mavs should wear green jerseys.....

and i don't just mean on st. patty's day :)

The NHL should do this...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just another way for the NBA to make a buck. I think this whole special edition jersey stuff is getting out of hand. I can see and alternate and the occasional throwback but that is a far as it should ever go. This has the potentional to be as idiotic as the Nike Future Jerseys which IMHO was just a marketing scheme by Nike to draw attention to themselves and probably more importantly, make that extra dollar.

NBA Schedule: March 17 (and none of the games are nationally televised!)

Boston @ Orlando

Dallas @ Washington

Milwaukee @ Toronto

Sacramento @ Indiana

Utah @ Atlanta

Detroit @ New York

L.A. Lakers @ New Jersey

Portland @ Cleveland

Denver @ Memphis

Phoenix @ San Antonio

Philadelphia @ L.A. Clippers

KUHawks.png

Just another way for the NBA to make a buck. I think this whole special edition jersey stuff is getting out of hand. I can see and alternate and the occasional throwback but that is a far as it should ever go. This has the potentional to be as idiotic as the Nike Future Jerseys which IMHO was just a marketing scheme by Nike to draw attention to themselves and probably more importantly, make that extra dollar.

In the case of Nike, absolutely. Nike has made it very apparent that Nike schools are different than other schools, what with the Florida/Miami/Va. Tech debacle and the entire silly SEC basketball makeover.

But with other sports? It's terrific. The 1994 NFL season was a lot of fun. Baseball's absurd Turn Ahead the Clock promotion was stupid, but definitely worth a lot of laughs now.

Holiday-themed uniforms aren't new (especially St. Patrick's Day), but I think it's fun. The NBA has had Christmas games for years now. Why not turn uniforms green and red? Brand recognition and promotion aside, what casual fan wouldn't enjoy some silly red and green promortion? Or to de-religionize it, maybe just winter colors, like white and blue?

And don't think holiday jerseys wouldn't sell, because they absolutely would. I mean, look at some of the purchases made by people on this board!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 months later...

The Celtics St. Patty Day road uniform will have gold trim, wordmark and numerals. The wordmark for these will be "BOSTON" (similar to the road alts).

Also for the first time there will be a small shamrock mark on the back above the names. I'm working on getting a graphic...

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

The Celtics St. Patty Day road uniform will have gold trim, wordmark and numerals. The wordmark for these will be "BOSTON" (similar to the road alts).

Also for the first time there will be a small shamrock mark on the back above the names. I'm working on getting a graphic...

A couple of them will ASTOUND you...

:shocked:

You can't tease us like that, PANTONE. Would it help if I wished you a belated Happy Birthday?

What the heck, Happy B-day!!

Pistons planning anything?

spikes.jpg

Archived