MLS My Way

gordie_delini

If I were in charge, MLS would NOT be all adidas - so here's what i've done to the MLS using Europe style sponsoring and the current 2005 uniform styles. I am totally open to suggestions for changing manufacturers and sponsors, so let me know if you'd like to see a team with a different sponsor or manufacturer. Here goes

First up: San Jose Earthquakes

What's new: Switched manufacturer from Adidas back to Nike; added nVidia sponsor

San-Jose-Earthquakes3.gif

Real Salt Lake: These jerseys are just to classy to change, so I left them alone. Added the Utah Power sponsor

Real-Salt-Lake3.gif

New England Revolution: Possibly the biggest change in the series - switched manufacturer from Adidas to Reebok, using their current style. Added Gillette sponsor

New-England-Revolution3.gif

Metrostars: Switched kits to current Nike Total 90 style. Added New York Life sponsor

Metrostars3.gif

Los Angeles Galaxy: Switched kits to current Nike style - kept Budweiser sponsor

Los-Angeles-Galaxy3.gif

Kansas City Wizards: Very few changes - Switched away kit to match new home kit, placed US Soccer Foundation sponsor on center chest

Kansas-City-Wizards3.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

FC Dallas: Since already in current Adidas styles, left kits - placed Radioshack sponsor center chest

FC-Dallas3.gif

DC United: Kept kits as were, but removed center chest 3 stripes - added FedEx sponsor

DC-United3.gif

Columbus Crew: Reversed home and away kits, added FSN sponsor

Columbus-Crew2.gif

Colorado Rapids: Switched kits to current Adidas styles - added Invesco sponsor

Colorado-Rapids3.gif

Chicago Fire: Kept kits as were, switched Honda sponsor to center chest

Chicago-Fire3.gif

CD Chivas USA: Switched kits to current Adidas styles, added Corona Extra sponsor

CD-Chivas-USA2.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

There are a few, specifically LA and Dallas, where the sponsor seriously clashes with the kit. Is that common practice? If not, I would suggest something else because it's really distracting to my eye. The Columbus yellows kinda scare me, though.

Then again, I know nothing when it comes to the MLS.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

This is nice work, gordie, but it doesn't seem all that different from what adidas is doing to MLS for next year--forcing all the teams into widely-used templates.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Real Salt Lake:  These jerseys are just to classy to change, so I left them alone.  Added the Utah Power sponsor

Real-Salt-Lake3.gif

I think I know the answer, but I don't want to assume -- are the different colored panels on this set (and others) just supposed to reflect different material in the same color? For example, is that the case with the orange panels on the primary in this set?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Real Salt Lake:  These jerseys are just to classy to change, so I left them alone.  Added the Utah Power sponsor

Real-Salt-Lake3.gif

I think I know the answer, but I don't want to assume -- are the different colored panels on this set (and others) just supposed to reflect different material in the same color? For example, is that the case with the orange panels on the primary in this set?

yes the different colored panel screens are mesh inserts in the jersey

OD_Signature.jpg

I like the Revolution update, but I'm also a fan of the Rbk template this year so that helps. You did great job, although I would like to have seen the Nike teams wearing the other template that Nike has over the 90 but thats personal prefernce. Overall great work.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Oh, yeah, and in looking at this before, I didn't see the removal of DC's chest stripes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ok, I'm done. ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh, yeah, and in looking at this before, I didn't see the removal of DC's chest stripes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ok, I'm done.  ^_^

I noticed that right away, but Mockba posted on the point first. I agree 100%. They are the closest thing MLS has to an iconic look, even if they did start off as an Adidas affectation.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I like what you're doing here, gordie, and agree that MLS kits look much better with the European style sponsor on the chest, but I have to say that 1. many of the logos would look better without the colored background to it (look at the FAPL teams, most of those incorporate sponsor logos in team colours) and 2. Never, ever, ever remove the stripes from D.C. United, that's what they're known for! It's be like dropping the white and blue halves for blackburn, or the green and white hoops for celtic. Sacrilegious.

wow :notworthy:

i must say these are even better than your mls european stlye unis!

however,I think that you should do these unis with the teams' current jersey sponsors (you know, the ones that the mls has for some reason pasted the sponsors on the player's lower backs. however, i am aware that some teams dont have any sponsors on their jersey). That would be cool. i would like to see at least a dc united jersey w/ a sierra mist sponsor across the chest like this, with the three stripes above the sponsor and not a patch but just letters like this jersey. thanks, that would be cool :D

i like how you this time used the long workmark across the chest instead of a huge, fully detailed logo (see: KC now vs. KC euro style, as well as the huge Sierra Mist logo on the Crew's euro jersey, where you should have just used the wordmark that was actually used on the MLS All-Star jersey)

Also, you shall never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, EVER remove the triple stripes from my D.C. United's jersey.

Other wise an amazing string of concepts :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: keep it up!

P.S. Can you please post a copy of that soccer template on this thread

Archived