MLS My Way

gordie_delini

I'd like to express "outrage" at the loss of "FIRE" on the stripe. Like the three striped DC United jersey, the FIRE name has always been there expect for I believe one year.

That'd be my only gripe. These look fantastic. Great skill in the presentation, very clean, and alot of thought put into them, I can tell. Good work. the Chivas ones are my favorites I think.

This is just a general thing, but seeing that most MLS teams are doing sponsor logos other than on the chest, is there a better place to put logos? Its obvious its a part of this league and a part of soccer in general, so they are going to be on there. But maybe the best place isn't the chest. Its for sure not the lower back. Perhaps a pursuading companies to just use a simple icon patch on the sleeves? Just throwing that out there for discussion...if they have to be there, is there a better spot than on the chest or lower back for logos?

EDIT:  Given the intense outrage at the removal of the three stripes on the DC United home shirt, I have REINSTATED them, and moved the sponsor under the numbers, as current MLS style.  I loathe the patches, so it's just to make the chest stripes the focus again.

* ROUSING APPLAUSE!! MANY IN THE CROWD STAND UP!! *

:woot::woot::woot:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is just a general thing, but seeing that most MLS teams are doing sponsor logos other than on the chest, is there a better place to put logos? Its obvious its a part of this league and a part of soccer in general, so they are going to be on there. But maybe the best place isn't the chest. Its for sure not the lower back. Perhaps a pursuading companies to just use a simple icon patch on the sleeves? Just throwing that out there for discussion...if they have to be there, is there a better spot than on the chest or lower back for logos?

If your going to have them just make a simple icon patch and put it on the sleeve or opposite the club's crest. I also dont mind them on the lower back (DCU's old mastercard ad) as long as the text isn't big or has a colored backround

what is so tacky about ads on unis. i nor anyone i know has a problem with sponsors on the chest. i respect your opinion and all, but i dont like to see ads anywhere but the chest b/c it just doesnt look good on the lower back and a patch just looks corny. plus that is just the soccer style, and names on the front of soccer jerseys just isnt soccer. If someone ever put ads baseball jerseys that would be stupid i id be outraged

Gordon, have you thought about doing the 3 stripes and the sponsor just below those stripes. I took yours and did that with the Fex Ex logo on my computer and it looked good to me. I just dont like the lower back sponsors. Still those are pretty sweet concepts and i cant really complain B) well done

Archived