Vintage Team Apparel

Survival79

Inspired by dsgitlin's post in the UNC logo question thread:

Remember the early 90s, when you couldn't get a piece of college apparel without the school's mascot all over it?

And, of course, everything was just ugly.

Post up the vintage team apparel that you own or once owned. I present the amazing work of Chalk Line:

15wm.jpg

28yk.jpg

36wi.jpg

48ra.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Can't talk about ugly early 90's sports-related clothes without mentioning...

ZUBAZ PANTS!

I have pair of Cleveland Browns ones...brown with an orange/white fingerprint pattern on them, courtesy of the local Salvation Army. I wear them around the dorm sometimes just for sheer ugliness.

I want some 49ers ones.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I had a Tazmanian Devil in a Jet uniform jacket in the early 90's as well...Granted I was about 10 at the time but I still have it (Not that it fits or anything)....what were they thinking???

Hahaha I remember having a Patriots sweatshirt with Taz wearing a Pats uni and helmet...what the corollation was between Looney Tunes and the NFL is beyond me...all I know was that I was 12 at the time, and I was pretty damn cool in the schoolyard.

I had a Tazmanian Devil in a Jet uniform jacket in the early 90's as well...Granted I was about 10 at the time but I still have it (Not that it fits or anything)....what were they thinking???

Hahaha I remember having a Patriots sweatshirt with Taz wearing a Pats uni and helmet...what the corollation was between Looney Tunes and the NFL is beyond me...all I know was that I was 12 at the time, and I was pretty damn cool in the schoolyard.

Add me into the Taz club... I had him in a Leafs uniform

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I lived in Tucson around the time the old AAA Tucson Toros became the Tucson Sidewinders.

The club ran a sale to get rid of all their old Toros-branded gear. I picked up a satin warm-up jacket: navy w/ orange trim, like the uniforms once worn by the Houston Astros, their major league affiliate of that era.

I don't have a pic of the jacket, but here's a shot of Craig Biggio wearing Toros' gear that closely resembles the contemporaneous Astros' uniforms.

Biggio88Card.jpg

What was cool -- or gross, depending on your point of view -- was that there were sunflower seed shells in the pockets of the jacket. Talk about authenticity! :D

i had a taz shirt with the charlotte hornets back in the day. damn what the hell was i thinking?

Anyone remember those Starter NHL hats that had the team name on the front of the hat in a sort of cursive baseball uniform script? They were EVERYWHERE. And I never loved a hat more than the Mighty Ducks one I had of that style.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I've got the 49ers Chalk Line "TEAM OF THE DECADE" Jacket hanging in my closet from ... 1990?

Looks just like that Browns one. Probably the same series.

mainescarf.png

Here's some stuff I have.

All made by Champion

Suns practice jersey I have had since I was in Jr. High.

phxprac.JPG

And during the playoffs the Suns were selling stuff they had laying around the locker room.

I picked these up:

Warmup jacket from 1990-91 seasom

oldwarmup.JPG

And some authentic Suns shorts from the 91-92 season

sunshorts.JPG

Can't talk about ugly early 90's sports-related clothes without mentioning...

ZUBAZ PANTS!

I have pair of Cleveland Browns ones...brown with an orange/white fingerprint pattern on them, courtesy of the local Salvation Army. I wear them around the dorm sometimes just for sheer ugliness.

I want some 49ers ones.

How's this for an oxymoron:

I have two pairs of Harvard Zubaz pants. Yep, Harvard was in the pool of teams for licensed pants!

Anyone remember those Starter NHL hats that had the team name on the front of the hat in a sort of cursive baseball uniform script?  They were EVERYWHERE.  And I never loved a hat more than the Mighty Ducks one I had of that style.

I just posted in the other thread as well, but I had a Lightning hat just like that. I still have the corresponding hooded sweatshirt too. While we're on the subject, anyone else remember when Starter stopped making the aforementioned hoodies and went to the style that had not one, but *two* hoods? The design sucked, BTW.

I still have two "Starfit" Lightning hats also. I grew up near Niagara Falls, and the Starter outlet at the Factory Outlet Mall had all kinds of goodies like that, and not just the local teams!

Oh man, those Starter team jackets used to be EVERYWHERE. Back in elementary school everybody had them, even the girls except they wore "girly" colours like the Hornets, Suns and Raptors. I think I still have my Notre Dame jacket hiding somewhere...

To make matters worse, those damn jackets DIDN'T EVEN KEEP YOU WARM!!!

stoneraizersig.jpg

Anyone remember those Starter NHL hats that had the team name on the front of the hat in a sort of cursive baseball uniform script? They were EVERYWHERE. And I never loved a hat more than the Mighty Ducks one I had of that style.

I had the Canucks one, black with yellow brim. I actually still wear it. The black is more of a dark brown now, but it's still my favourite hat. I think it's called The Classic. The little nubs on the fastener broke off, so I taped it together with hockey tape. Fits perfectly.

Archived