"NEW" New Orleans Saints, Logo

bigdub81

get over it. as far as the saints go, the best idea (not the most popular however) is to move to either SA or LA.

if that happens, i hope they follow the lead of the cleveland browns/baltimore ravens.

get over it. as far as the saints go, the best idea (not the most popular however) is to move to either SA or LA.

if that happens, i hope they follow the lead of the cleveland browns/baltimore ravens.

You mean move to another city, change the name and finally start winning?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

ROTFLMMFAO...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Or...cry and whine about it like they were the only city ever to lose a team and have the NFL let them keep their name, colors, history, give them a team in 2 years time and help fund the new stadium.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

For New Orleans Saints, fans everywhere! What cha' think?

I think that the New Orleans Saints don't have fans, just bandwagoners.

what exact bandwaggon would they be jumping on?

bangwaggons are usually reserved for good teams. but even in texas, i see a TON of saints fans... saints jerseys, saints hats, saints car stickers.

second only to cowboys stuff, and far outshowing the texans stuff.

...and were you one of them when they were winning???? puhleeeeeeease......we sold out the dome when we were 1-15 in 1980......we are most certainly NOT band-wagoners....we are true, die-hard fans that live and die with every play and every call! for you to say something like that is most certainly an outsiders opinion, and a grossly uninformed one at that....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Well, I'm not going to spend the time to type this out again, so here it is from when I blasted the last knucklehead who said something stupid about the Saints' fans:

<<

How dare you.

Your post is what's sickening, not to mention completely wrong and deeply offensive to anyone who has ever been a Saints fan. Generations of New Orleanians have supported a miserable, incompetent franchise since it came into the NFL in 1967. I attended my first game in 1969, and as always, Tulane Stadium was packed to capacity (81,000) to see one of the worst teams to ever masquerade as NFL caliber. Here's a little history lesson for you non-Saints fans: Five trips to the playoffs and exactly one that lasted past the first round, and even then the Saints turned a 31-7 fourth quarter lead into a 31-28 nailbiter that took the Rams' Az Hakim to fumble a punt with less than 2 minutes left to preserve the win. Blowing a 35-7 lead to lose 42-35 to the Raiders on Monday Night Football. Losing - at home - to the 0 and 26 Bucs (and 33-14 at that) to give Tampa Bay its first NFL victory. Losing 21-20 to Dallas when Ken Stabler - nursing a 20-19 Saints lead - was sacked for a safety while trying to pass from his own end zone with a minute left. Losing to the Rams on the last play of the 1983 season to blow their first winning season and lose what would have been their first trip to the playoffs. Finally making the playoffs in 1987 - partially with replacement players as that was the strike season - only to be humiliated 44-10 at home by Minnesota. Trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams, and then having him embarass the city and franchise by posing for a magazine picture dressed in a WEDDING GOWN. Playing an injured Aaron Brooks while Jake Delhomme rode the bench at the end of 2002, thus managing to miss the playoffs by losing their last 3 to the Vikings, Bengals, and Panthers. Releasing or trading away players that could form an All-Pro-Bowl team (for example, Delhomme, Marc Bulger, LaRoi Glover and Willie Roaf). Having a quarterback who fumbles more often when not even touched than when blindsided by a linebacker. Completing an amazing 75-yard pass/lateral play for a touchdown on the last play of the game vs. the Jags to pull within a point of forcing overtime and then losing by MISSING THE EXTRA POINT. The shades of gold in their frickin' uniforms don't even match.

The New Orleans Saints have received, and continue to receive, more support than they deserve, so take your ridiculous opinion and...well, use your imagination. :cursing:

>>

To which I'll add, bandwagoners my a@@.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

that idea was awful when the browns had to give their identity to an expansion team, it would be an awful idea if the saints had to do it today.

that idea was awful when the browns had to give their identity to an expansion team, it would be an awful idea if the saints had to do it today.

The crucial difference everyone is overlooking is that the so-called "Cleveland Deal" (sorry, TCR :P ) included a provision that the NFL would be expanding, and that Cleveland was guaranteed one of those expansion teams.

At present, there is no indication that the NFL is dissatisfied with the symmetry of 32 teams, in 8 4-team divisions. There is no groundswell calling that the league expand. The NFL tolerated having 31 teams for a while, since they knew that would give them a logical reason to expand to a 32nd team, be it in LA or in Houston. And so they lived with imbalance for a little while. Now things are all squared up.

So offering a "Cleveland Deal" is illogical if there's no call for a 33rd (and 34th) team to join the league.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Or...cry and whine about it like they were the only city ever to lose a team and have the NFL let them keep their name, colors, history, give them a team in 2 years time and help fund the new stadium.

I think it's both.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

when will people learn that with the saints, you can insult the organization, the owner, the numerous cruddy teams, but not the fans. they still showed up to the games despite the horrible teams, the threats of moves to at least a billion different cities, everywhere from Los Angeles to San Antonio(I also believe that a move was considered for Montpelier, Vermont). The NFL should make a committment to New Orleans just as they did for cleveland and join the nation in helping out New Orleans

Archived