Dallas goes with throwbacks this Sunday

slats7

I'll be going with throwbacks this week with my new Pat Patriot jacket :D

39_1.JPG

But seriously, I hope the Cowboys go with their throwbacks on Thanksgiving...NFL is stupid (both literally and in a business-sense) to ditch the Thanksgiving throwback/Gridiron Classics tradition. Even if my Pats weren't playing, I always looked forward to the throwbacks on Turkey Day (and, sadly, no more Turducken now that John Madden moved to ABC).

leg1122.jpg

Four things I hope...

Dallas wears it's normal white uniform on Sunday

Detroit does NOT wear the blacks on Sunday

Dallas wears the throwbacks on Thanksgiving

Denver, Detroit and Atlanta do too

Four things I hope:

The Cowboys wear their Throwbacks come Thanksgiving

The Falcons, at very least, wear their red jerseys (closest you'll get to "throwback" i guess) - btw, there is precedent for both teams wearing colored jerseys during a game - see 2002 Thanksgiving games Pats wore red, Lions wore blue in addition to Cowboys wearing blue and Redskins wearing burgundy.

The Broncos wear their orange alternates

The NFL madates throwback jerseys during Thanksgiving weekend for all teams.

The Broncos said in an interview with their equipment manager back in the preseason that they weren't going to be wearing alts or throwbacks for Thanksgiving, but their regular road unis. It may very well still be on denverbroncos.com somewhere if anyone wants to hunt it down.

I was hoping for the old school D, white jersey and orange britches.

But we'll have to stomp the Cowpokers in the standard unis instead.

Broncos Equipment Manager

I found the article again.

Here's the part with the uni info:

Brian Kelley; Cocoa Beach, Fla.

Will the Broncos be wearing their orange jerseys this year, and if so what are the chances of them wearing the old school helmet with them?

Chris Valenti

Actually, we won?t be wearing our orange jerseys this year, not the current version or the throwback. In years past, the NFL has allowed the four teams playing on Thanksgiving Day to wear the throwback uniforms which include the old school helmet, as we did last time we played in Dallas on Thanksgiving. But they changed their mind this year and all four teams are wearing their current uniforms.

This said all four teams will be wearing "current" uniforms, which may go for the Lions (black) but not for the Cowpokers (throwbacks). Pretty sure the Broncos will be in white.

i remember reading somewhere a long time ago that no throwbacks would be worn on thanksgiving this year.

The Cowboys will be wearing these fugly unis, which is considered as a throwback...

55726012PG.jpg

I am not sure about everyone else.

will they?

i thought they were wearing those sunday, and NOT on turkeyday.

i recall..back in the day..when Jerry Jones went out and made up the double-star jersey design, without league approval. wore em anyway. i had an actual game double-star #8 by APEX..VERY cool. That's the design they wore on Thanksgsgiving for several years.

WHY did i sell it on eBay??

Oh. I recall. I live in SF and would've been killed wearing it in public.

i remember reading somewhere a long time ago that no throwbacks would be worn on thanksgiving this year.

The Cowboys will be wearing these fugly unis, which is considered as a throwback...

55726012PG.jpg

Man, those jerseys are the lovelyness. I will be getting one very soon.

55726012PG.jpg

Considered a throwback? It is a throwback. It's the same uniform they wore from 1960-1963.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

55726012PG.jpg

Considered a throwback? It is a throwback. It's the same uniform they wore from 1960-1963.

It's close, but not 100% faithful to the '60-'63 jersey. Back then, the Cowboys didn't put last names on jerseys, so the shoulders tapered to the back of the collar instead of forming a white yoke all the way across the shoulders to accommodate the nameplate.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived