Soccer Concepts Extravaganza!

gordie_delini

So these are for my non-existent fantasy clubs. C&C always appreciated

First up is my application franchise to the IFA (with my proposed league logo, as well) Durham Rovers FC:

DRFC.gif

Next is the club my friend created for Winning Eleven 8, Monarch FC, their "current" shirts:

MFC07.gif

And next years' shirts:

MFC08.gif

And finally, my Winning Eleven club, St. Edwards FC, current kits:

StE06.gif

and next years' shirts:

StE07.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

Outstanding across the board. My favorite part is that color scheme of the Monarch FC away kits reminds me of a can of Guinness Pub Draught. :wacko:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

No offense, but I would like to see soccer uniforms with less of a European look and more of an American look.

offense taken - they're european logos - Durham is a city in northeastern England, and Monarch and St Edwards are fictional british-like teams - they ALL have their roots in europe - american soccer, while getting much improved, is nowhere near the class of european soccer.

OD_Signature.jpg

american soccer, while getting much improved, is nowhere near the class of european soccer.

I actually wonder how close the gap between the American league would be if the old North American Soccer League had continued on to this point as opposed to having to rebuild an American game via the MLS when compared to European leagues.

I'm actually rather happy that MLS has happened the way it has. I'm ok with MLS not having "world-class" players, because it's given American players a chance to develop skills by playing in a domestic league which is reasonably high-caliber. In the old NASL, there were very few domestic players.

The US national team would be nowhere were it not for MLS, I say.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mmmm...Guinness.  Actually I hate dark beer.

But great job Gordie D.  Loving it.

Try to start slow. Try a black-and-tan. Guinness and Harp, if you want to be authentic.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I think you nailed it with the sub-title of your post Gordie. You do some great work, but these three have to be your best work. Just incredible.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

No offense, but I would like to see soccer uniforms with less of a European look and more of an American look.

So.... what does that actually mean? I mean, US clubs don't wear different uniforms than other clubs, they wear shirts, shorts, socks, etc.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Whoa. Those are just... whoa.

Those are nice up and down. The logos are simple yet dynamic in their own English way (which is pretty good for a guy from Oregon). :P

I'll echo scooter and say that this is probably your best work yet (with the Titans RLI logo coming a close second. :D ) It's definately better than some of the crap I did for Athletico. :blink:

philly.png

Very nice!

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Try to start slow. Try a black-and-tan. Guinness and Harp, if you want to be authentic.

Actually, the classic Black and Tan is Guinness and Bass, if you want to be authentic.

But because Bass is not widely available in Ireland anymore, Harp's or Smithwick's are now more commonly used to make a Black and Tan. If you get a recipe from Guinness, they will surely tell you to use Harp's simply because they own it, and they would love to take more of your money by selling you both parts of your Black and Tan.

Furthermore, I can tell you, without doubt, that a Guinness/Bass Black and Tan is infinitely better than one of any other combination. Traditionally, if you ask for a Black and Tan at a bar, you will get Guinness and Bass if the bartender knows what he's doing. You should get Guinness and Harp's only if you ask for a Half and Half. They really are different tastes and different drinks altogether.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Actually, the classic Black and Tan is Guinness and Bass, if you want to be authentic.

But because Bass is not widely available in Ireland anymore, Harp's or Smithwick's are now more commonly used to make a Black and Tan. If you get a recipe from Guinness, they will surely tell you to use Harp's simply because they own it, and they would love to take more of your money by selling you both parts of your Black and Tan.

Furthermore, I can tell you, without doubt, that a Guinness/Bass Black and Tan is infinitely better than one of any other combination. Traditionally, if you ask for a Black and Tan at a bar, you will get Guinness and Bass if the bartender knows what he's doing. You should get Guinness and Harp's only if you ask for a Half and Half. They really are different tastes and different drinks altogether.

Bass is my favorite adult beverage anyway, so maybe I will give this a try. The hard part is finding the opportunity with a 4-year-old and a 16-month-old at home. I think that's why I rarely drink cheap, macrobrew beer anymore (assuming I have a choice in the matter -- I was relegated to Keystone Light last week when my old boss invited me to his house to shoot pool). If you only drink once in a while, you might as well do it right.

Archived