Top 5 NFL Uniforms You HATE!

Cujo

5) Cleveland Browns - Too plain. No logo on the helmet, which is kinda like having no identity. First they need to come up with a primaty logo, and they can't even do that! At least slap Alabama-style numbers on the helmets and do something with that permenent tribute to Al Lerner. He wasn't that great to derseve that kinda honor.

4) Dallas Cowboys - Too many shades of blues and silvers. I've been over this before, but I cannot stand how the nothing matches. It's simple guys. Just use the bluish-silver and navy blue only!! They should just go retro to what they wore in the Staubach days, and wear blue unis at home, please!!

3) Pittsburgh Steelers - One side of the helmet is plain. Why?? I know the story behind it because one day the equipment manager got lazy and left them off or something. Just because some dude was hungover and didnt do his job right isn't an excuse to have only one logo on your helmet. Seriously though, get original. That logo is a rip-off and usues colors that arent even in the uniform. They should fix the stripes too. The sleves don't come close to matching the pants.

2) Tennessee Titans - Mismatch City here, boys. The helmet uses the spike style stripes, no stripes on the sleves, and regular stripe style pants. The logo also blows on top of that. With the colors they use, they had so much potential, but they really dropped the ball with this garbage.

1) Buffalo Bills - I don't even have to list reasons because everybody knows these suck. Go back to just red, white, and blue, circa 1970s. It's that simple. Even their own fans know the '65 throwbacks were 4590832 times better than the red, white, and dark/royal/silverish blue disaster they use now.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate them, it's just things that slightly bug me when I watch them play:

5) New Orleans Saints - It always bugged me how the pants stripe doesn't match the helmet.

4) Tennessee Titans - The only thing that bugs me is the helmet. Baaad helmet. Doesn't match anything else in the uniform.

3) Detroit Lions - They're the perfect example of what NOT to do when you're modernizing a logo. Take proper examples from the 49ers, Dolphins, Cardinals, etc.

2) Dallas Cowboys - The rediculous mismatching colours always bugged me. Especially the blue on their home uniform is royal when it's nowhere else in the uniform.

1) Buffalo Bills - This is an obvious no-brainer. Navy should have been introduced as an accent colour, not the primary.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Washington Redskins

3. Minnesota Vikings

4. Chicago Bears

5. Tennessee Titans

Why? The first four are too plain and haven't been updated in years. Yeah, flame me. I don't care that they're traditional and historical and all that crap. They still look terrible.

The Titans are a whole 'nother story. Refer to Curt's post if you need further elaboration. He pretty much got it right.

1. Arizona Cardinals. they used to have one of the best unis in the nfl. it was just red with white numbers. simple. nothing fancy and it suits football perfectly. now they look like an arena football team and not a good one.

1b. Denver Broncos. i totally spaced cause i was writing this late at night. i totally forgot about the team that gave us the godforsaken "modern" look in the first place. they look too goofy even for an arena team.

2. Seattle Seahawks. they used to have a wonderful combo of green and blue. unique in the nfl. now they have a weird metallic blue silver teal thing with navy and LIME FREAKIN GREEN. wtf! they look like crap

3. Cincinnati Bengals. they just look goofy. nothing more to add

4. Atlanta Falcons. just because you have a good year doesnt mean you have to "update" the look. they looked great before

5. Jacksonville Jaguars. Grown men should not wear teal!

5. Saints. Please return to your older colors, these are drab.

4. Bengals. They overdid things here, pull back a few notches.

3. Cowboys. How many variations of colors do we need?

2. Bills. Yeech. thats all.

1. Dolphins. yeah, you read right. I cannot stand these colors they switched to in teh later 90's. Its so... 'soft'. Its like easy listening on the football field. THe addition of navy on the unis was baaaad bad.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

1. Arizona Cardinals. they used to have one of the best unis in the nfl. it was just red with white numbers. simple. nothing fancy and it suits football perfectly. now they look like an arena football team and not a good one.

2. Seattle Seahawks. they used to have a wonderful combo of green and blue. unique in the nfl. now they have a weird metallic blue silver teal thing with navy and LIME FREAKIN GREEN. wtf! they look like crap

3. Cincinnati Bengals. they just look goofy. nothing more to add

4. Atlanta Falcons. just because you have a good year doesnt mean you have to "update" the look. they looked great before

5. Jacksonville Jaguars. Grown men should not wear teal!

your four worst are seriously my top four when i made that list a while back...

5. Lions - That shade of blue is ... not good

4. Chiefs- Boring

3. Vikings - Boring

2. Wild - yeah, I know they are a hockey team, but they are the ugliest GD uniforms in all professional sports.

1. Bills - You would have thought somewhere during the process someone would have said "wait a minute, this is going to look like crap."

I take lame to a new level.

In no particular order:

Pittsburgh Steelers: Bring back the block-style numbers. They look more intimidating than this new-age slanty crap they've used the last few years. The block numbers stir up flashbacks of Bradshaw, Harris, Lambert and Greene. The current numbers scream "1996 New England Patriots"

Cincinnati Bengals: Specifically the orange third and the black jersey. The white insert panels are awful. I didn't have a problem with the previous generation unis.

Buffalo Bills: The white jerseys with the blue yoke are stupid looking and the dark blue ones aren't much better. They should use the throwback jerseys full time with white helmets and the current primary logo. It would be a nice mix of old school vs. new school.

Detroit Lions: Just the black jersey. Drop the black jersey, it looks ridiculous. The black outline isn't bad on the numbers and logos on the regular jerseys as it adds some depth, but the black jerseys have to go.

Dallas Cowboys: They had something with the "Double Star" uniforms in 1994-95. Like the 49ers, Giants and Eagles redesigns, it would have been a great evolution for a historic team. You could have double-stars with white shoulders and a navy body for the dark and then navy shoulders and a white body for the white. You could finally kick out the screen-printed numbers and the two shades of silver pants. Instead you've got the same old crap. They're building a new stadium in Dallas, maybe they should consider evolving from the Danny White era jerseys too.

mainescarf.png

1. Cincinnatti Bengals: The obvious choice, just horrible all around uniforms. I can't add anything that hasn't said already. Scrap the whole thing and start from scratch.

2. Dallas Cowboys: I really wish they had a colored home jersey that matches their current white uniforms, like they did back in the day. The white jersey game after game gets boring.

3. Buffalo Bills: Same as the Bengals. Scrap it and start from scratch. Horrid jerseys all around. Also, Seattle maybe be able to pull off the monocrhome homes, but that doesn't mean that you can. no monochromes allowed in Buffalo.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: What happined to the home dark jerseys? Was there a fire in your equipment room? This is them trying to take Miami's tradition of wearing white at home. I understand in the hotter months, but now you need to wear those maroons. Just because Miami does it, doesn't mean you need to.

5. Arizona Cardinals: I don't mind the update or the side striping, but I do mind the huge red shoulder yokes. They do not look good. The red unis look fine, but the whites need some serious work.

As for the Minnesota Wild, they look great, best new age look in the NHL. Dark Green, Red, Cream, and White, plus a great logo. Their uni's are all around winners.

1. redskins - these were too 80's back in the 80's...

2. bills - like many others have said, these belong in the cfl, and how many shades of blue?

their throwbacks look so much better...

3. seattle - it's that damn mono, blue pants, blue jersey, blue helmet thing......

4. lions - should have never added the black...

5. bengals - the tiger stripes thing is alright but they try to do too much with it.....

i know my 2 worst repeated topic on these boards are:

Best NFL Uniform

Worst NFL Uniform

okay we get the message, people love to start topics without just going back to the orginal one.

I'm looking and I still can't find any "Worst NFL Uniform" threads out there.

6uXNWAo.png

5. Lions. Only the black one though. Someone said they don't like the shade of blue....what's wrong with Honolulu blue? It looks good.

4. Bills. Most people would put these as the worst, but I think there's worse than these. The two shades of blue were a bad move though, unless one was pwder ble and the other was navy.

3. Eagles. The worst combo in the league has to be when they go black jerseys with green pants. I don't like their black jerseys in general though.

2. Giants. Their road uniform takes away from whatever decency is in their other ones. That jersey is just hideous.

1. Bengals. Way too much going on with these. Their old unis were much better.

1. Seahawks. They are absolutely attrocious. I agree with an earlier poster, their previous unis were great. Not only did they have a very nice color scheme, but it was also unique. Their current uniforms are unimaginably bad. The colors alone are horrible. The sleeves are ridiculous. On top of that, they wear the hideous blue jerseys with the hideous blue pants, which is the only thing that could possibly make them look uglier. That makes them look like a high school team. I also hate the fact that they no longer wear the blue pants on the road. They arent a friggin basketball team, football pants shouldn't coordinate with the tops.

2. Bills. Same as the Seahawks, only not nearly as bad. The blue jerseys and pants look horrible together, especially with the red helmets and socks. They also have a cluster **** of colors. They took the true Bills colors, added navy for no apparent reason, and then added silver for no apparent reason. The only thing that could possibly make them worse is angled, curvey numbers with an extra outline and a drop shadow.

3. Bengals. Once again, their old unis were a million times better. The pants stripes are absolutely horrible. They should go down to the knees, like on the old pants. Also, the white stripe up the jerseys and pants is completely ridiculous. The number font is bad. The sleeves are entirely too busy.

4. Falcons. Their last unis were very nice. They are horrible now. The sleeve design, the number font, the piping up the pants instead of a real stripe, all ridiculous. The logo is bad, but not as bad as it could be. At least they didn't make an angry Falcon head resembling the Broncos logo. The black pants should only be worn with the white jerseys, and with the old white striped socks, which they have apparently retired. Also, the reds should be worn with black socks instead of red ones, to compliment the helmets.

5. Tie - Jaguars, Ravens, Lions, Eagles. The Jaguars and Ravens are horrible for the same reasons. First of all, ridiculous number fonts. When they made jerseys in their secondary color, black, they both wore them with black pants and black socks. I cannot stress enough how much that looks like a highschool team. They might look good with white pants, but they look like a joke with black pants. The Jaguars unis were really nice before Nike got a hold of them, and I think the Ravens jerseys would look nice if they simplified them. Regular block numbers with ONE outline.

The Lions and Eagles are also horrible because they added black. Both took very nice, unique color schemes (light blue and silver, green and silver), and added black to them. The Lions should have never worn any color other than blue. The Eagles logo really sucks. At least they havent made black pants to wear with their black jerseys... yet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived