Top 5 NFL Uniforms You HATE!

Cujo

5. Detroit Lions -- Only because of the new lighter blue and the awful black outlines. I think the Lion is one of the classier logos in sports, but Matt Millen's incompetence has completely pervaded the Lions' front office all the way to the uniforms.

4. San Diego Chargers -- I've never liked the navy or the logo. What exactly is a charger? I don't know, and I'm glad I don't have to figure it out. I know there is a love affair with the powder blue jerseys and I guess they're better. Overall, however, the whole looks just seems dated to me.

3. Buffalo Bills -- It pains me to put my beloved Bills on this list. I actually don't think the blue jersey with the white pants looks that bad, if only they would just wear it. How can they go out week after week with the blue on blue look, knowing the side panels don't match up? They just look silly. Their road uniform is a disaster. Either go back to the original look, or just give up.

2. Arizona Cardinals -- Disgusting, amatuerish, and more belonging in the AFL. I have a feeling these uniforms won't last. They shouldn't.

1. Denver Broncos -- When they overhauled their uniforms in 1997, they set a precedent for the rest of the league, that is was okay to throw away their identity and completely change their look. Unfortunately, they won the Super Bowl and inspired countless others to follow their lead. (I guess the Patriots are more guilty, but no one ever thought they looked nearly as "cool" as the Broncos).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my 5 that have my attention.

Buffalo Bills- The Bills previous uniforms were a master of simplicity. The Jim Kelly-era threads saw four Super Bowls and a host of other good seasons and events, and the color scheme though similar to the Patriots and Giants still managed to look unique. Then Drew Bledsoe-era showed up and they decided to bring in uniforms that blew major chunkage. :puke: First they introduced navy blue (navy is today's black y'know) but still kept their royal blue, then they introduced silver (oh my bad, I mean "Buffalo Nickel" *cough), and then they mixed together into a uniform I wouldn't use to pick up dog poo with. Go back to the previous uniforms and include a pair of blue pants for the away package (which by the way the Kelly-era had but didn't use often) and once a year break out the white helmet and throwbacks.

Cleveland Browns- "It's Tradition!" Fine, it's tradition to look like a bunch of walking Butterfingers. Ditch the orange pants, the orange alternate shirts, the orange socks, and maybe even the orange hats, and try some things that are....gee I dont know, BROWN? I'd reduce the orange to a trim color and maybe even try adding another secondary color like gold or bronze. It's a sad day when the fans have a better logo than you do. Try investing in a logo that doesn't have to be worn on the field but it still would nice to give the team more of an identitiy. The fans want a bulldog theme- I say give it the team one as well.

Dallas Cowboys- The team has a fine logo, but it would be nice if they could have some kind of consistency between thier home and away kits. I'd make one pair of pants the same color as thier helmets and would be worn both home and away. The socks would be one color blue and would also be the same home and away. I'd make the white jerseys the same design as their current navy ones. Royal blue and the black trim would go, and any throwback would come out for Thanksgiving only.

New York Giants- This has got to stop. Their "new" throwback away kits are a disaster. Simple fix, just admit that not everything from the past needs to be revived. I'd bring back the kits they had last year, complete with blue socks. Period. I'd also add a little red trim to the numbers on the home kits just to add some continuity.

Jacksonville Jaguars- Too much black. They haven't messed too much with their home kits, but the away ones need some work. They currently look like the Saints with black helmets. I'd have the home uniforms stay the same but with white pants only. The away ones need to go back to teal numbers, a black collar, and either white or teal pants. The black pants should only come out for night games regradless if home or away. I'd bring back the black pants with the teal & gold stripes, and when they do come out, the socks need to be either teal or gold to avoid the unitard look.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

1. Arizona Cardinals. they used to have one of the best unis in the nfl. it was just red with white numbers. simple. nothing fancy and it suits football perfectly. now they look like an arena football team and not a good one.

2. Seattle Seahawks. they used to have a wonderful combo of green and blue. unique in the nfl. now they have a weird metallic blue silver teal thing with navy and LIME FREAKIN GREEN. wtf! they look like crap

3. Cincinnati Bengals. they just look goofy. nothing more to add

4. Atlanta Falcons. just because you have a good year doesnt mean you have to "update" the look. they looked great before

5. Jacksonville Jaguars. Grown men should not wear teal!

Come on the Bengals uni's are the best in the business!!!

3teamsigANIM.gif

No particular order

Cincinnati--They had a great set and then decided to change things up for the worse...ugh. The B logo needs to go (bring back the angry kitty!) and the white stripe on the side of the jersey is just unnecessary.

Buffalo--Just awful. There are no words to describe what's wrong with em, but when the players and fans both wanted the team to use the throwbacks all season long instead of the 2 game allowed, that should be a sign.

Tennessee--This had a ton of potential, but the striping issues (goat horns on the helmet, none really on the jersey, regular ones on the pants) really bring down what could have been a great uni.

Detroit--Like everyone else, I DESPISE the black jerseys...the rest of the set is fine, if you ask me (even though I think the black should be toned down a bit even on the Honolulu Blue and white jerseys). The biggest prob I have with the black alts is that they ended up killing off one of the best alternates in all of the NFL (the throwbacks they always busted out on Thanksgiving).

Miami--Just for introducing that HIDEOUSLY GOD AWFUL orange alt. Whoever in the Fins front office that thought that was a good idea should be put up against a wall and shot.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

5. Baltimore. Ugly helmets, cheesy number font, black and purple. All round bad.

4. Arizona. Just another example of a "modernized" nightmare.

3. Buffalo. Someone actually got paid to come up with those abominations.

2. Atlanta. Horrific top to bottom. The ultimate "modernized" mess.

1. Cincinnati. Gotta give them credit. They managed to come up with what seems like an infinite number of combinations for the worst uniform in NFL history. Just awful.

Honorable mentions: Seattle's all blue nightmare. The Jets green pants. The Titans.

BB52Big.jpg

5. Titans-Need to lose the flaming T and use there secondary logo as there primary

4. BILLS- Stop trying to use light blue to offset the Dark. A stripe should have two colors not 16.

3. Browns- Nothing against the team or anything but Boring boring boring...do something if you have nothing on your helmet at tleast have someting good on the jersey

2. Seahawks- I jnust hate the lime green throwen in as a third color. I would hat to see a lime green alternate.

1. Lions- Black...Black???..UGH horrible no just becasue you can...doesnt mean you should! Pluys there lion in there logo is licking himself thats manly!

NOW TOP 3

3. Packers- Modern great design not boring not overly BLAH. Jusdt perfect

2. Chargers- Great look of modern look you all complain that its to futuristic but we cant all stay into the past. I think the chargers would be so much better if they keep the modern look but go back to powder blues.

1. BENGALS!!!-- How can you not love these modern works of guiness!!! i love the white offsetting stripe with the bengal stripes and the Bengal B is great!! Perfect secondary logo.

3teamsigANIM.gif

I find it funny that so many of you don't like the Lion's use of black or the black jersey itself. People here in Detroit must like it, because I hear the black jersey sells great.

As for the use of black trim. It works well on the road uniform, but looks a bit out of place on the home uniform. However, I put the current jersey next to the previous version and the current one looks better IMO. More depth to the color. Of course your mileage and opinion may vary.

As for Lion jerseys, my favorite was the Billy Sims era when the numbers were silver outlined in white. Those were sharp.

The 5 NFL Unis I dislike the most are:

1. Buffalo. These are a complete disaster. Make them go away.

2. Cincinnati. Way too many stripes. The white panel on the sides on the black jersey is terrible.

3. NY Giants Road White. What was wrong with the one they had last year? At least it has some blue on it. This red and white only jersey is too plain.

4. Tennessee I like the helmet. However the USFL/Arena League jerseys have to go.

5. Arizona. They were boring before and downright stupid looking now.

My top 5

1. Bills - for the obvious reasons

2. Seahawks AOC combos - they look 1/2 way decent when they were white pants

3. Cardinals - to quote GQ Magazine- "It's only appropriate that they look like an Arena team since they also play like one"

4. Lions - Adding black to your unis? I guess Matt Millen's calendar still reads 2001

5. Jaguars - they used to have an identity - albeit it was teal- but some identity is better than none. Bring back the teal numbers on the white unis!

5. Lions--why oh why did they add black to their unis?

4. Saints--they're on the list until their pants plausibly match the helmet.

3. Cardinals--they're too "what could've been" and poor mixing of old and new school.

2. Bills--were OK until they went monochrome at home and on the road.

1. Seahawks--were OK until they went monochrome at home and on the road. Also, the black shoes with the road unis are awful.

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

Grown men should not wear teal!

I got blasted for making that exact same statement a few months back...:D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I realize that no one will agree with mine, but here goes

TOP FIVE WORST

5. New Orleans/Baton Rouge/San Antonio Saints- I like the logo, something about the golden helmet I don't like.

4. Washington Redskins- Use the burgundy! The white jersey is distgusting but the burgundy is one of the best ever! Screw tradition!

3. Green Bay Packers- Again these are all about tradition but the green on yellow does not work on a NFL like that. Really need a new name with a new logo, badly.

2. Dallas Cowboys- The 20 different shades of gray are only cool on the drawing board.

1. Cleveland Browns- Tradition!?!?! I don't care about tradition, get an identidy, get a logo on your helemet and don't have your primary logo be your helmet. The orange and brown has to go, for a look on brown jerseys, take a page out of Wyoming U's jerseys, or just scrape the name all together.

TOP FIVE BEST

5. Buffalo Bills- Now probably all of you think that I am crazy now, but I really like the 2 or 3 shades of blue. If you haven't been able to tell by now I liek the newer jerseys and monochrome is the way of the future!

4. Seattle Seahawks- I love the almost metallic blue monochrome and the blue with white pants. I'm not a fan of the away jerseys, but all the home combos are great. Also someone posted earlier about the hope of a lime green jersey, I'd be the first to buy it.

3. Oakland Raiders- Silver and black! All about tradition, but these actually look nice.

2. Cincinatti Bengals- I don't see why people give the new ones such a hard time? For your team to be named the Bengals, you almost have to have stripes because any other logo on the helmet would look silly, same with Eagles and Rams.

1. Atlanta Falcons- I loved the old look, it was amazing, but depending on what jerseys the Falcons of new wear, they are the best in the NFL. The Red with white pants in mediocre, but the red with black and the black with black is top notch, plus the logo rocks, the only bad thing about the previous ones.

1. BENGALS!!!-- How can you not love these modern works of guiness!!!

Modern works of Irish beer?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3. Green Bay Packers- Again these are all about tradition but the green on yellow does not work on a NFL like that. Really need a new name with a new logo, badly.

Rename the Packers? Are you serious?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Washington Redskins

3. Minnesota Vikings

4. Chicago Bears

5. Tennessee Titans

Why? The first four are too plain and haven't been updated in years. Yeah, flame me. I don't care that they're traditional and historical and all that crap. They still look terrible.

The Titans are a whole 'nother story. Refer to Curt's post if you need further elaboration. He pretty much got it right.

This guy knows whats up. I like the Falcons and Cardinals jerseys, even if it does look like arena football. What's wrong with arena football anyways?

mav23.gif

1. The Bengals - Went from a nice, unique set that while out there, wasn't too out there to a hideous mess. The white panels need to go, the Orange alt needs to be burned, and they need to change the stripes on the sleeves to being black on orange, not orange on black, and have them all sewn on or all screened on.

2. The Cardinals - Went form a nice understated set to a set that combines every modern fad in jerseys together with the retro element I hat the most, grey facemask. And then they went monochrome on top of it all.

3. The Bills - The Navy & Nickel aren't needed,a nd they so need a white helmet again. No to monochrome.

4. The Ravens. - Black & Purple do not look good together, neither does wearing the black lycra pants suits, and on top of that the number font sucks and the team area bunch of criminals.

5. The Cowboys - Anything these M[CENSORED] c[CENSORED] wear will always like the s[CENSORED] that proceeds from the very bowels of the dark prince Lucifer himself. The set should beburned with the team still in them, and the owner, and the stadium should be nuked from orbit.

5. Jacksonville - Boring! Bring back the 1995-96 unis... and eliminate the all-black look!

4. Dallas - Burn the current ones and bring back the double-star unis from 1994-95!

3. Denver - Won 2 Super Bowls in them and they still look ugly! Make the unis based one the ones from John Elway's early days.

2. Buffalo - Their unis are a total disgrace! Burn 'em to hell!! Bring back the unis that got them to 4 straight Super Bowls!

1. Seattle - 3 words: Worst! Unis! Ever! (Ha! Sounds like what Comic Book Guy from "The Simpsons" would say.) BURN 'EM DOWN, NOW!! Keep the logo but base the unis on the pre-2002 unis. Keep the "Seahawk Blue" helmet, too!

Thank you, I'll be here all week!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived