Boston bruins

gcekus

As a Massachusetts-born and bred Bruins fan... AWESOME JOB! Absolutely the best update of the Bruins' identity package that I have ever seen. I think that you could maintain the gold-and-black scheme that you're currently using for the bear, or you could add brown, and either choice would look terrific. My only quibble is that I would not tilt the bear's head in the first logo. I would even implement the updated "Spoked B" that you've designed. It is not a terribly radical departure from what they're currently using. Also, I don't mind the use of silver. I don't know the reasoning behind its inclusion, but it seems to work.

It's about time that someone came up with a replacement for a secondary logo that my friends and I (all die-hard Bruins fans) refer to as the "Pig Dog Bear".

Just a thought: As recently as last season, I believe that the Bruins' top affiliate in Providence, Rhode Island was looking for a new logo package. They wanted something that would maintain their current identity and ties to their parent-club, while establishing a unique look that would increase marketing and merchandising opportunities. I don't know if you're a professional, a student or just dabbling, but if I were you... I'd approach the Providence Bruins with this idea. It certainly seems to fit the bill with regard to what they were looking for.

Brian in Boston

If you were to contact the Providence Bruins, I'd think about extending the bear's head over the space where it is cut off in your current design (over the portion of the logo that contains the word BOSTON). Then you could put PROVIDENCE in the area underneath the word BRUINS. On the spoke, you would just need to make the "B" into a "P".

Brian in Boston

I don't remember the Cards trying to get rid of the Birds on the Bat.

yeah, they tried to do so one year in teh 60s.  cards management got the message loud and clear that season: bring the birds back and don't try that mess again.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think this is absolutely fantastic work. Let's face it: there are only so many ways you can render a bear, and this is one of the best ones I've seen in a long time. Even if it is gold, the craftsmanship is superior. I don't personally mind the gold, and in fact, think it fits quite nicely into the Bruins scheme. That's my opinion, however. Overall, an incredible job and very qualty work. I applaud you. :)

Oh well that was quite a while ago. The numbers thing happened around 1997 or 1998.

i know.  the cards looked sort of naked w/o the front #s.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like this logo, too. You must be a good artist to begin with, because it shows.

I don't mind the gold bear because of the black/gold color scheme already in place. I'm sure you tried the eyes with irises. How was that?

Maybe the grey outline on the text should be white to pop it more.

I also have to go against the board and say the pinwheel needs updating by the club. I like to see stuff like this.

• 5 weeks later...

I echo every gushing thing everyone has said, from production values, use of color and the care that you took to update a classic logo without overdoing it.

I even like the fact that the head is tilted..bears tend to do that when the roar.

With all that said though...it's missing something.  Its small, it might be the proportion of the face to the head...or the width of the snout or the size and distance between the eyes.  

Pleas dont take this the wrong way, their current one is missing more than yours is.  I've never seen a bear logo I am comfortable with.

It's still really excellent work though, did you ever pursue Providence?

It's about time that someone came up with a replacement for a secondary logo that my friends and I (all die-hard Bruins fans) refer to as the "Pig Dog Bear".

I totally agree...I always differentiate between the current "pig" era and the Happy Gilmore "bobcat" era.

One of the most storied teams in hockey history and not one darn person can draw a bear for them.

unreal.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived