Anybody do CD's?

adamcz

I'm trying to get my album done in time for Christmas, and it occured to me that I better get moving on artwork. I know it's pretty random asking at a sports board, but I know how good some of you are with Illustrator.

I have some public domain photos that I'm 99% sure I can use legally (from NASA). Assuming that idea checks out, I'll just need fonts added and a border here and there. Maybe even a b&w photo of me thrown in there somewhere.

Design templates and specs are available from the manufacturer (I intend to use discmaker.com) and I'll be going with the digipack w/ clear tray, which means 4 total panels.

I can pay for it, but I say that not knowing what the going rate is, and hoping it won't break my bank account.

Please don't respond unless you have done print work before, and are fluent with Illustrator (which I'm pretty sure is the program it should be done on, although I'm out of my league here). A simple design is fine, but it has to look clean and professional.

Also, please know how much money you would want to make, because I'll lowball you if you don't have a figure in mind!

Feel free to ask me questions in this thread, but don't talk about money here - I don't want people auctioning against each other. My email is adamcz@aol.com. Thanks!

the design would probably be best done in either InDesign or Quark XPress (though i recommend using indesign over quark xpress any day of the week), but if you or the printer insist on illustrator, i suppose that's fine too.

pm me if you are interested in my services, you can view my site at www.revdesign.net (the portfolio section is still being worked on, but rest assured, there is plenty of stuff going on it)....i can send you some samples of my work if you want to see my style.

be forewarned, i require that my clients sign a contract before i start working on the project, and that involves money down.

thanks.

pm me if you are interested in my services, you can view my site at www.alnic.com i can send some additional Album art I've worked on, if you'd like to see more.

be forewarned, i require that my clients sign a contract before i start working on the project, and that involves money down.

thanks.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived