Fantasy leagues

IronChefShark

I noticed that there are what eight ? forums dedicated to fantasy sports leagues.

Im just curious why everyone is into them. about the only thing I find appealing is the names, uniforms, logos and colors. Ive never participated in one because I dont like the idea of having to go through a draft and roster moves and all that. It also disturbs me to know that if I hoped to win I would have to root against a player on my favorite team and root for a player on a team I hate.

i dont know, just something I really dont take a liking to...

ChargeMan.GIF

its about being in control of yoru own team... you get to play GM... and though I have to cheer for a bunch of Avalanche players now (I only have 4....lol) i still like the game to hope that sakic, forsberg, kariya, and selanne all do well... i think the ultimate fantasy league would have everyone pick a team, they get the starting roster of that team... in my case i would take the Pittsburgh Penguins... however, after that i can make any transaction I wish... only problem with that the Avalanche and Red Wings would have all the decent players...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Usually I just start my best players and hope that all the players except the one's I like on my opponents team do bad.

Or sometimes I just hope that while the one player on my favorite team that is on his team does badly, hopefully other real player's on the real player's team can step up during this week where I want him to underperform.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Fantasy sports of the 4 majors i get.. i'm not getting the Soccer or Lacrosse fantasy leagues... i... i just don't get that.. but, hey, whatever floats yer boat...

I guess fantasy sports is a way for us losers who tried playinbg and failed or the nerds who never did play but whised they could, to play and compete with eachother on sundays..... kinda sad.. but.. it's either this or knitting.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

for me, its a hobby. I like basbeall, but normally, unless it involves the blue jays, i don't pay much attention. After joining the UBL tho, i started to pay attention to teams that i usually don't to see how players are doing.

The UBL site is a forum for me to pump in some creative ideas, wether it's designing the site, creating logos and designs, or whathave you. Its just fun. I don't sit around and just do this tho. I'ma member of several intermural teams at the university here, softball, ultimate and floor hockey. Dunno about JQK, but its not because i got nothing better to do, its just enjoyable

Its a way of keeping interest after your team is elimianted or falls way out of the race.

IT qalso gives you something else to look for when wtahcing the games

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ditto to all above - It's fun; Uni's logos, & teams.  It's fun - try it Shark - I think you'd like it once you do a season of your favorite sport.

KCScout76

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

the reason i'm doing fantasy lacrosse is because i'd like to broaden my horizons. Since there is really no signs of lacrosse around here in Topeka, i'm trying to understand it more. I've always thought lacrosse was cool to watch so what the hell. I can understand someone thinking fantasy sports are "Geek-ish" but i'll tell you i got my girlfried and my boss who is female to join a league and they love it. They aren't even the biggest football fans out there.

nah, it doesnt sound like something Id be interested in

the whole idea of being a stat-rat Im not big on. Besides, I really dont like wasting my time researching players who arent even on my team and thier health status, stats under certain conditions, and whatnot. Or even some team I dont care about and thier record at home at night with the winds at 5mph SE and a lunar eclipse....

I...I dont know. Im content focusing on one team and one roster full of players. makes life easier

DustMan.GIF

Im anything but a stat-rat... not saying there arent guys out there like that... i just do it for fun and competition i guess it allows you to put together a roster inhopes to beat another guy... or girl mind you

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived