Uniforms on Madden 360

Perfect Zero

I love how people around here stay on topic. I don't play any gaming consoles, could really care less about them actually, but heres my 2 cents.

- How are you going to base an entire gaming system/ computer off of one game/ program that comes out on it? Next thing I'll hear is how Adobe Photoshop ### is awful so Windows or Apples OS is a piece of garbage.

- Last time the two systems came out all anyone could do was bash Microsoft about how PS2 was going to blow XBOX out of the water, Microsoft could never compete with Sony in gaming, etc. etc. A couple years down the road and your not cool if you do not have an XBOX.

- Obviously this version of Madden is mainly to show you what is to come in the future. If you don't like how much money that the store will charge for it then maybe you need to complain to Electronic Arts, Microsoft has no control over that.

- If you really want to complain to someone about this entire situation try the NFL. They are the ones who signed an exclusive rights contract with EA. This situation is exactly what everyone said would happen. EA would put out a lowsy version of Madden and sell it for $50 - 60 not caring because people are going to buy it.

Then again, what do I know? I'm to busy between work and home to even think about touching those gaming consoles.

- Chris

- Last time the two systems came out all anyone could do was bash Microsoft about how PS2 was going to blow XBOX out of the water, Microsoft could never compete with Sony in gaming, etc. etc. A couple years down the road and your not cool if you do not have an XBOX.

The Xbox produced a lot of good games and established Microsoft as a player in the console market, but they still lag far behind Sony in terms of market share and the Xbox project as a whole to date has run very deep in the red. So while it was a good "foot in the door" that a lot of people (myself included) enjoyed, it hasn't yet become a true success. They "competed" in the sense that they weren't laughed out of the industry like, say, the 3DO or stupid enough to ruin a good product like what happened to the Dreamcast. But they didn't "compete" in terms of seriously threatening Sony's market share that they won with the PS1. That's what Microsoft is hoping the 360 will do (which is a big factor in their decision to release it when they are).

1zgyd8w.jpg

All I've seen in screenshots is NFL block. So no, but I wouldn't be suprised if EA got lazy and used NFL block for every team.

Actually, Madden has always used Arial for all of the nameplates. That has also annoyed me. EA even using plain block on all the uniforms would be an improvement.

That is until I was directed to the Madden Nation fourms this morning, and I learned that you could chose from two uniforms, regular home, and regular away.

made even worse by the fact that mcnabb is clearly wearing the black alternate on the cover...inexcusable. i will not be buying an xbox360, at least til next holiday season.

No, this Madden is what you are going to get for the next five to six years. Minor graphics tweeks, no gameplay changes in ten years, and new abilities to change the prices of bubble gum during the season. I hoped that when they bought the NFL license, they would do something, ya'know, innovative. It looks now that that is not the case.

All I've seen in screenshots is NFL block. So no, but I wouldn't be suprised if EA got lazy and used NFL block for every team.

Actually, Madden has always used Arial for all of the nameplates. That has also annoyed me. EA even using plain block on all the uniforms would be an improvement.

Videos/trailers I've seen have the players in correct NFL team fonts. I even paused, rewound, and played again to make sure that was the case.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'll have access to it in about a week. I'll give a brief review then if noone has answered by that point. I'm sure somebody will though.

I'm confused, if this thread has turned into a referrendum on the XBox in general then Elwood is completely right. Sorry Tomcat, even if XBox and hardcore Halo gamers are "cool" the Box still would have to be regarded as somewhat of a failure depending on how you look at it. They haven't been squashed, but that is largely due to ego, extremely deep pockets, and Halo. One game.

If this is actually about Madden and their unis, I can't say yet. But EA wussing out wouldn't surprise me one little bit. Hopefully NextGen will come to mean customizing your own third party "football" game to look like whatever league you want.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'll have access to it in about a week. I'll give a brief review then if noone has answered by that point. I'm sure somebody will though.

I'm confused, if this thread has turned into a referrendum on the XBox in general then Elwood is completely right. Sorry Tomcat, even if XBox and hardcore Halo gamers are "cool" the Box still would have to be regarded as somewhat of a failure depending on how you look at it. They haven't been squashed, but that is largely due to ego, extremely deep pockets, and Halo. One game.

If this is actually about Madden and their unis, I can't say yet. But EA wussing out wouldn't surprise me one little bit. Hopefully NextGen will come to mean customizing your own third party "football" game to look like whatever league you want.

like an american football version of winning eleven?

i have the game!!!!!

it is true, u can only choose between home and away uniforms, no throwbacks or alternates in the game at all.

worst part...

teams like... dallas...miami...washington.. all wear white at home, and if u pick the away jerseys, there white too!!! so the only way to see those teams in there color is basically to play each other.

this game kicks ass by the way...best looking graphics ive ever seen, animation and graphics are so realistic sometimes u think ur watchin tv

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Knights of the Old Republic.

I'm not trying to perpetuate this XBOX argument....but here goes:

I'm not sure how you can make a statement like that. How was/is XBOX a failure? Look what it did:

It gave Sony a pretty decent run for their money here in the U.S. Yes, I'm aware that the ratio of PS2 to XBOX is like 3 or 4 to 1, but remember that there was a hugely successful PS1. You can argue that PS2's success comes from the fact that PS1 was so successful and innovative. I don't think the jump from PS1 to PS2 was as big of a leap as the jump was from Nintendo and the other game systems of the time up to PS1.

They've officially established themselves as number 2. Which doesn't sound like much, but when you look at the absolute dominance of Nintendo in the 90's, and where it is now as a result of XBOX and PS2 war, it is staggering to see such a drop.

Look at how many other new game systems have come and gone without any fan fare. XBOX 360 is creating a buzz rivaling the PS1 release.

I think once one or two full years pass, and video game makers get a handle on what they can do with the XBOX 360 AND PS3 technology, you'll see games go to a whole new level. Be patient. XBOX is here to stay as is Play Station, Nintendo on the other hand is fading fast.

How was/is XBOX a failure?

Microsoft's Xbox division has been a money drain on the company while Sony Computer Entertainment is one of the most profitable divisions of the company. Microsoft and Sony aren't trying to entertain us out of the goodness of their hearts, they want to turn a profit doing so. Sony is, Microsoft isn't. Microsoft knew it would be a long-haul investment, and their accountants and executives obviously had some sort of data that convinced them that in the long run, the Xbox project would be profitable. Whether that will happen or not remains to be seen.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived