Rams wearing blue pants

lowey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm happy to see the blue pants, I'm just as annoyed to see the Rams donning the unitard look.

Why couldn't they have donned the pants last week while on the road?

Also, does anyone else think this might be a subtile reminder to Kurt Warner of that drubbing he took against the Giants in his last year as a Ram (The Rams wore Blue pants versus the Giants that day, if my memory is correct)?

No this isn't a reminder to Warner about that Giants game two years ago. Why would they do that? It'd be worse to remind themselves about it. They're all the ones who played like crap...Warner was easily their best player that day.

I thought this might look okay, but I don't like it. Perhaps if the blue stripe was filled in with gold, but it's not, and I don't like it. Plus, the gold pants just look awesome.

No this isn't a reminder to Warner about that Giants game two years ago. Why would they do that? It'd be worse to remind themselves about it. They're all the ones who played like crap...Warner was easily their best player that day.

While I agree with you on how poorly the team as a whole played against the Giants that day, my biggest memory from that game is how beat up Warner was by the end of it. I do not recall how many sacks or pressures the Giants' defense had on him, but I do not remember many games where a quarterback got repeatedly pounded like Warner did that day. I don't think Warner could look back on that game and think anything other than "Ouch!"

That's why I wondered if maybe the Rams were trying to make Kurt "hear footsteps" from that day.

BTW, while I do not have the exact quote here, there is a note in today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the decision to wear the blue pants was made to signify team unity after the turmoil in the press here the past week (with the unamed Ram player blasting his teammates).

Wasn't it Martz that wanted the blue pants gone? Hmmm, I wonder if the interim head coach said go for it to the players.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Coach of the Rams just said on NFL Blitz that the "boys voted on wearing them." He didn't seem too happy when he said it, but I wouldn't be happy if I lost to the Cardinals either...I don't think we'll be seeing the blue pants for a long while again.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I do not recall how many sacks or pressures the Giants' defense had on him, but I do not remember many games where a quarterback got repeatedly pounded like Warner did that day. I don't think Warner could look back on that game and think anything other than "Ouch!"

you may wanna file the Bears' win over teh Panters in that cabinet ;) I watched teh whole game, Delhomme was playin like he was hearin footsteps for damn near the whole game.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Also, does anyone else think this might be a subtile reminder to Kurt Warner of that drubbing he took against the Giants in his last year as a Ram?

With all the concussions he has had, I don't think Warner remembers much about that day. :D

Archived