Rams wearing blue pants

lowey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I consider myself fairly anti-monochrome. But the Rams do look pretty slick sporting it. I think those blue pants are very well done. Now all they need is a gold sock, or a white one with stripes. But yeah, the ram horn sleeves of the '70s-'90s do beat all. Of course, that couldn't be done anymore, because 80% of players don't have sleeves.

Which brings me to another point: the lack of jersey sleeves has cause the Bengals orange "sleeve" portions of their jerseys to creep up to the shoulders on some players, making the bottom half of the shoulder numbers' drop shadows invisible against an orange background. Honestly, scrap this nonsense.

Oh, and is there any confirmed word on the Cards' red pants? Aside from the allegedly overheard musings of Scott "One-Bar" Player, I mean.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Those new ones SUCK... Georgia Fronta whatever her name is a horrible owner... She messed with perfection.

The Blue and Yellow still are the best.

importD0.jpg

I agree that the yellow and blue were great. And the old white and blue Merlin Olsen-era uniforms were even better. The current look is terrible.

Hello. I'm Leonard Pinth Garnell. And welcome to "Bad Football Uniform"

Today the St. Louis Rams wore their all blue "unitard". Of which I can only say "Terrible" "Awful" "Hideous" "Simply Bad".

Let's thank our "Bad Uniform" cast:

Marshall Faulk, as the bad former great Rams running back.

Mark Bulger as the bad injured Rams quarterback.

Kurt Warner as the prodical son.

And as the bad Rams replacement quarterback, our very own Ronny Bateman.

I'm Leonard Pinth Garnell. Please tune in next week to "Bad football Uniform"!

I have played the Rams 3 times combined on the road in Madden 05 and 06.

The computer had them this way:

First time:Rams in white,(My team the 49ers in red.)

Second time: Rams in all blue(like today)

Third time:Retro Rams(blue-yellow)

I can honestly say that I did change their uniforms in any way.

(Yes I know that you can't do the blue gold combo for home)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It doesn't help when the horns on the helmet, the stripes on the shoulders and the stripes on the legs are all a different pattern....

Actually, the pants striping matches the jersey striping...think about it from shoulder to shoulder...it works...

And, it doesn't quite match the helmet, but that's sorta a logo and sorta a stripe, so I dunno what to say there.

That said, I don't think it ended up looking good at all. The blue stripe could have been filled in gold, it would have still matched the striping (just in a different way), and it would have probably looked better.

Regardless, gold pants is the way to go for the Rams (at least with their current set).

I don't think we'll be seeing the blue pants for a long while again.

Yes, it was the pants fault they lost to the Cards. Get real.

They looked good in all navy. They look good in Navy and Gold. They look good in white/navy. They look good in white/gold. They look good no matter what they are wearing. And for those of you that think they looked better in those old blue and yellow things they used to wear, you must be blind.

Actually, the pants striping matches the jersey striping...think about it from shoulder to shoulder...it works...

And, it doesn't quite match the helmet, but that's sorta a logo and sorta a stripe, so I dunno what to say there.

I would suggest 3 options:

1) no white outlines on the shoulder stripes, thick gold stripe on the pants (which would match everything with the helmet)

2) leave the shoulders alone and use a thick gold stripe with 1 thin white stripe on the pants

3) add a second white stripe to the shoulders and go with thin white - thick gold - thin white on the pants (which would match the numbers)

I also consider myself anti-monochrome, but I think the Rams do look sharp in these - and because they have the pant striping, their blue socks don't create a leotard look, a la the Ravens AOC.

A unitard is a unitard . The Jags have it without stripes on the pants . The Titans have it with stripes on the pants. The Chargers have it with a lighting bolt on the pants and the Bengals have it with half a bengal tiger stripe on the black pants. The Falcons do it with their black pants and half as triangle pant stripe. It just sucks. At least the Ravens only comit this act once a year.

would look better with the first version of this jersey with the gold side panels and the short gold stripe on the blue, and white, pants. But the rams in all blue isn't a bad look at all, just need different striping.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

It almost seems like the team is trying to kill off Mike Martz. He's over-superstitous and he was the one who canned the blue diapers after they got spanked in them twice in 2003. I can imagine him pressing the Nurse Call button in his hospital room after turning on the TV and seeing them wearing those again! ^_^

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

It almost seems like the team is trying to kill off Mike Martz. He's over-superstitous and he was the one who canned the blue diapers after they got spanked in them twice in 2003. I can imagine him pressing the Nurse Call button in his hospital room after turning on the TV and seeing them wearing those again! ^_^

I doubt it. There was some controversy within the team last week, and I mean the players, not the ongoing front office feud. The players wanted to do this to show some unity.

Martz may well have known and not cared...he's been dropping in on the team for short periods at a time.

Martz may or may not be back, but this I don't think is a sign of either option.

Based on what I read last week in Sports Illustrated, the Rams are a mess at pretty much every level.

Actually, this isn't a bad look, although I tend to think the pants striping is wrong as well. If a standard can be set for acceptable monochromeness, it's probably based on how much contrasting color there is on the jersey. One would not want to see, for instance, the Raiders have black pants with their black jersey, since the jersey has no striping at all. To use another example, Penn State's road uniform is really ... (feel fatigued ... sleep coming on............................................................................................................

Packers-2.png

• 10 months later...

Archived