Pittsburgh Steelers Concept

Cujo

First off, I scrapped the old "Steel" logo that they ripped off decades ago and replaced it with something simple, neat, and original. Next, I fixed their stripe problem by eliminatling the sleve stripes and and giving some nice, flashy up-to-date unis. I also slapped logos on BOTH sides of the helmet, something that needed to be done.

C&C as always. Thanks.

proj_pit.png

6uXNWAo.png

Eh... you essentially got rid of the stuff I like and kept the stuff I don't. Only thing I want to see them do is ditch the italic font, and MAYBE use the logo on both sides of the helmet.

VmWIn6B.png

Eh... you essentially got rid of the stuff I like and kept the stuff I don't. Only thing I want to see them do is ditch the italic font, and MAYBE use the logo on both sides of the helmet.

my thoughts, exactly... (only i like the logo only on 1 side of the helmet)

this concept is well executed, so i can't knock you on it...

its your concept, so i hope this doesn't come off as rude... but to me, you ruined a classic.

I'm not sure if it is possible to make the Steel City better ( :P -- Go Ravens!). That being said, this isn't a bad concept on its own (except maybe the yellow alt). However, the only thing the Steelers need to do to their uniform is to ditch the italic numbers and return to the block numbers.

The team with REAL stripe problems seems to be the Browns. Some of their players looked like they were wearing shoulder loops yesterday because the stripes were running at such a steep angle.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If they had to change logos, I like what you did with the stencil P in the circle. Nice job on that. Maybe the P could be italicized? Heck, maybe the whole wordmark could be italicized.

For the jerseys, I agree that the stripes need to go, but I was thinking that a more Jets like sleeve style would work better (with just a yellow sleeve and stripe.)

I like the side panels on the white jersey, but only the white jersey. I'd leave the black jersey just black. The way it is now, they couldn't wear the black jersey with the yellow pants (I know you want white pants there, but with that stripe, they don't even get an option.)

Also, on the yellow jersey, I'd ditch the side panels. I know that they are there so that they blend into the gold pants, but I again, I think you should leave them the option of sporting the black or even white pants with these.

Overall, nice job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a proud member of the Steeler Nation, that design is an insult. The only thing they need to change about their unis is to drop the italicized numbers, and revert back to the old Varsity # style.

Now there's some great C/C ! (insert upside down smilie here)

Hate to break it to you, but this isn't about what you think of the current Steelers uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In no way was this concept suppose to come across as an insult to "Steeler Nation". Yeah, it's a little different than the version you all are used to, but that's what makes this a "concept". It's just an idea guys, so calm yourselves.

Anyways, I added replaced the white pants with yellow (not gold) ones to give it more of a traditional Steeler look and moved the Steelers logo to from above the players name on back to the front left shoulder.

Keep the C&C flowin', especially from you Steeler fans.

6uXNWAo.png

Now there's some great C/C ! (insert upside down smilie here)

It's catching on. Eggs-cellent!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

• 3 weeks later...

Nice logo design. I'd add white pads to the gold alt. I believe in having the helmet logo on one side only, though... I am a purist about that. This has a bit of a WFL look to me.

BTW, the steelmark wasn't "ripped off," but has been used with permission of and in cooperation with the steel industry.

Good work.

As a proud member of the Steeler Nation, that design is an insult.  The only thing they need to change about their unis is to drop the italicized numbers, and revert back to the old Varsity # style.

I completely agree!

An insult?? Will you take a step back from the 70s, forget about "tradition" for two seconds, and honestly take a look at their current uniforms. They completely mismatch from head to toe. It looks like ol' Rooney drove down to the thrift store back in the day and picked out a few odds and ends until he came up with something that slightly resembled a professional uniform.

6uXNWAo.png

Will you take a step back from the 70s

In case you haven't noticed, Steelers fans invariably live in the 70s. Most will not hesitate to mention their four Super Bowl victories at the first opportunity, even though the last one was 26 years ago come January.

In case you haven't noticed, Steelers fans invariably live in the 70s. Most will not hesitate to mention their four Super Bowl victories at the first opportunity, even though the last one was 26 years ago come January.

Can you really blame them though?? Yeah, they were a great team during the Nixon administration, but all the Steelers have done since (30 years later) is beat up on bad teams during the regular season, then when it really matters, they drop the AFC Championship game ... at home! Verrrry nice tradition, Pittsburgh.

6uXNWAo.png

Can you really blame them though?? Yeah, they were a great team during the Nixon administration, but all the Steelers have done since (30 years later) is beat up on bad teams during the regular season, then when it really matters, they drop the AFC Championship game ... at home! Verrrry nice tradition, Pittsburgh.

In fairness, we shouldn't overlook the Ford and Carter administrations either. :P

Archived