Pittsburgh Steelers Concept

Cujo

The Steelers are the AFC Eagles.. they have had so many opportunities to make it too the Super Bowl, only to fall short.

1994 season vs Chargers. Ugh.

1995 they made it, but barely. If that Colt reciever (name escapes me) holds onto the hail mary pass, the Colts are in. O' Donnell helped the Cowboys to a Super Bowl XXX victory.

1997 Denver came in and ruined that season

2001 Let Bledsoe ROCK them.

2004 Not really sure ifi expected them to win. Even at home. But still, another disappointment.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As a proud member of the Steeler Nation, that design is an insult.  The only thing they need to change about their unis is to drop the italicized numbers, and revert back to the old Varsity # style.

I completely agree!

More brilliant design criticism.

Great contribution.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I realize the Steelers are a tradition laden group but I like the helmet concept a lot. I am not sure the traditonal steelers logo will ever be replaced, but I like what you did. As for the unis, the side panel idea is already being used within the division, plus I am not a fan of the number font. The block numbers are more in line with the "steel city" concept.

Thanks for posting

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

DC, i love the idea behind this. a great way to update the steelers. anyone offended by a uniform concept (as long as there is no offensive imagry) needs help. imo the italic font blows the regular black font away. just ditch the yellow under arms and side pannels, and your golden (pun intended).

anyone offended by a uniform concept (as long as there is no offensive imagry) needs help.

After thinking about it many of us take it too seriously {especially me}. Its a great concept but Pittsburgh loves their history, they dont live in it, and their current uniform is notorious to the steelers. A change would not be very well liked by alot of the fans, and loved by others. The logo for pittsburgh is often called a "ripoff" and i hate that. The truth behind this logo is that it was origonally used in one game only to honor the steel workers, then it was kept, and U.S. steel didnt mind at all.Finally the logo on one side keeps us different, not the same as everyone else.

oBIgzrL.png

anyone offended by a uniform concept (as long as there is no offensive imagry) needs help.

After thinking about it many of us take it too seriously {especially me}. Its a great concept but Pittsburgh loves their history, they dont live in it, and their current uniform is notorious to the steelers. A change would not be very well liked by alot of the fans, and loved by others. The logo for pittsburgh is often called a "ripoff" and i hate that. The truth behind this logo is that it was origonally used in one game only to honor the steel workers, then it was kept, and U.S. steel didnt mind at all.Finally the logo on one side keeps us different, not the same as everyone else.

I don't mind the logo on one side of the helmet thing, it's unique. at least you guys HAVE a logo on your helmet. The problem i have with the steelers logo is that it includes to many colours not found anywhere else in the uni (silver, red, blue).

IMO if the steelers can change the us steel logo by replacing "Steel" with "Steelers" then they should be able to get away with altering the stars in their logo to match the team's colours. DC's concept for a logo is a great: it reflects the team's ID as well as being a distinctive mark for the Steelers. I would have to say that if the Steelers ever got a new logo, it should only be on one side of the helmet.

• 1 month later...

proj_pit_sb.png

Man, just looking at these beauties makes me wonder now much nicer the Super Bowl would actually look with these were being worn up against the monochrome of the Seattle Seahawks instead of the trashy mismatching unis the Steelers use today. :D

6uXNWAo.png

these look pretty generic. the logo is fine, i kinda like it for a concept but a sidestripe on the jersey? thats the thing that gets the most complaints on this board(bengals anyone?). It's almost as bad as the two-tone green the jets wear, which luckily we'll never see in a super bowl. (bow)

Okay people, for just one second, let's throw out tradition and the visual of their current mismatching garbage they currently wear, and just pretend that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a new expansion team or something. Wipe the slate clean and you'll see they aren't as hideous as you all make it out to be.

If you seriously take a step back and get your mind off the Steelets dynasty of 30 years ago, it's pretty hard to not notice how trashy their current uniforms look.

6uXNWAo.png

Okay people, for just one second, let's throw out tradition and the visual of their current mismatching garbage they currently wear, and just pretend that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a new expansion team or something. Wipe the slate clean and you'll see they aren't as hideous as you all make it out to be.

If you seriously take a step back and get your mind off the Steelets dynasty of 30 years ago, it's pretty hard to not notice how trashy their current uniforms look.

I did that I don't see the all the inconsistancies you see. They wear the same pants with both uniforms, both uniforms have the same striping pattern. The incosistancy they had was fixed when they went to the slanted numbers like on the helmet (although I don't like that). The Steelers uniforms are consistant.

Archived