Scary Moment at Joe Louis Arena

scooter13

Holy Cripes. That's scary to read about. Having just been to the Sergei Zholtok tribute game on Saturday, that hit's awfully close to home. Too close.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Yeah well luckily they had good EMS personal and now tehy can check him out and hoepfully one day he can return to the ice.

I think this situation shows how valuable knowledge of CPR is.I think when I go home for christmas I'm going to take a refresher course to keep me up to date

I heard his heart stopped, man. That's some serious stuff. I hope he gets well and hangs up the laces for a little while. Seems there has just been so much talk of heart troubles this year, it's really terrible.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If it's a medical condition, and this wasn't caused by something like a stick to the throat, then yeah, he should probably take a break. However, if this was just something cause by an injury, he should make a full recovery and then decide if wants to play again knowing it would be flukey for the same sort of cause to happen again.

I know when Pronger got hit by that puck, he collapsed and his heart stopped. He came back within a few games though. Of course, it was the puck hitting his chest, not a medical condition that caused the problem.

Archived