Boldin Fitzgerald

Matt 2 tha Core

not right now, but do you think they will become the best one two punch in the nfl? with a good running back and getting a high rated qb, they both cud put up big numbers almost evryweek. they both dont really have big egos do they, so i think it wud work.

:wacko:

spell-check.gif

not right now, but do you think they will become the best one two punch in the nfl? with a good running back and getting a high rated qb, they both cud put up big numbers almost evryweek. they both dont really have big egos do they, so i think it wud work.

Yeah, it would be a good idea to put your posts in Microsoft Word, mash the spell check button, copy it, then paste it here.

Along with Holt/Bruce, you have to put Harrison/Wayne up there before Boldin/Fitzgerald. I'd also take the Johnson/Houshmandzadeh tandem and give me Moss/Porter eventhough they just haven't done what was expected yet.

Anyway, there may be others, but I think Boldin/Fitzgeral sits about 5th with me. As light is shed, they may even be moved down...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1. Lets make that post a little better than that of a 3rd grader.

2. Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce say hello.

Issac Bruce is going to retire soon, and don't think I didnt consider Wayne and Harrison, but there isn't enough money to keep both of them around. So Boldin and Fitzgerald are my top.

P.S. I changed my typing ways. Haha.

Issac Bruce is going to retire soon, and don't think I didnt consider Wayne and Harrison, but there isn't enough money to keep both of them around. So Boldin and Fitzgerald are my top.

Bruce probably won't retire for another 2-4 years, but we'll see.

Regardless, having watched Kevin Curtis play with Holt and/or Bruce both in and out of the lineup, Curtis is gonna step right into his shoes. He's AWESOME.

Rams just have great WR.

But don't think I underestimate Boldin/Fitzgerald. The fact that they possess skill so close to that of Holt and Bruce is what made me so happy to see Warner go to Arizona. It's a great offense for him...or I thought so. He needs a running game to help balance his passing attack though, and right now that's not there. He's still putting up a lot of yards though.

Yeah, Holt/Bruce and Harrison/Wayne are the top 2 right now, but Boldin/Fitzgerald is certainly close.

The thing that makes the Rams WR so awesome is it's not just Holt and Bruce, it's also Curtis, McDonald, and Looker. Easily the best WR core in the league.

Psh Mcdonald and Looker haven't done anything special. The best core in the league would probably be the Jaguars Jones Smith Williams Wilford.

I'd lay money that "Dollar Bill" Bidwell would let Boldin and Fitzgerald go in Free Agency before Isaac Bruce retires (unless he got hurt)

And Bruce, Holt, Curtis, McDonald, and Looker could run circles around the Jacksonville receiving corps. (If you want to see McDonald doing something special, pull up video from last years Rams @ Seattle regular season game)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Actually, pretty much everybody else has said Bruce and Holt are right up there.

Regardless of whether you see numbers from Looker and McDonald, trust me they do things. And more than that, they are capable of doing things. Sure they aren't gonna do anything when there are three great WR ahead of them, but it's the fact that when they are needed they can step right up.

The original premise here I think was to determine which WR duo is the class of the league. No TE's, no RB's, just WR's. With no disrespect to Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown, the best that I can think of would include:

Indianapolis: Harrison/Wayne

Cincinnati: Chad Johnson/Houshmandzadeh

Oakland: R Moss/Porter

Pittsburgh: Ward/Randle El

NY Giants: Burress/Toomer

Arizona: Boldin/Fitzgerald

St Louis: Holt/Bruce

Denver: Lelie/Rod Smith

Washington: S Moss/D Patten

Miami: David Boston/Chris Chambers

Dallas: T Glenn/Keyshawn Johnson

New England: Branch/Givens

Tampa Bay: Galloway/Hilliard

NY Jets: Coles/McCareins

Jacksonville: Jimmy Smith/ ...

... and this is where I run into trouble. Wilford, Reggie Williams, and Matt Jones are all pretty much at the same level of development, and that keeps Jacksonville from being narrowed down to 2. Detroit falls into the same trap, where Roy Williams is there, and another of their draft pick wideouts needs to step up to the #2 spot. Any teams I haven't mentioned ... that's intentional.

Cotls' duo is the best, but I think the Cardinals' shows the biggest upside.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Doesn't matter how good Boldin and Fitzgerald are. They're relying on Kurt Warner and Josh McCown to get them the ball. There's your limiting factor that will keep them down on this list, and frustrated until they're eligible for free agency, at which point your dynamic duo gets broken up so they can go to teams that actually want to win

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived