Delgado to the Mets

Brass

I guess the Christmas sales are starting early in Miami....

First Beckett and Lowell to the Sawks, now Delgado's headed to Flushing....

Not a bad trade if it goes down...Jacobs did pretty well for the Mets late in the season and Petit's got some potential (granted he got lit up with Norfolk after doing a very solid job in Bingo)...

But that fills the gaping hole at 1st the Mets had for sure.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Wow.. so now Delgado gets to disapear into mediocrity?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Man, couple this with the possibility of Billy Wagner signing with the Amazin's and they're gonna have a solid season.

Funny, when Pedro and Beltran signed with the Mets, everyone said they'd be a contender then, too.

The Mets do this every summer. They get a couple of big names and then watch them wallow away on a team that's not built to support them. Granted, Pedro still put up a hell of a season, but it's all for moot when the other players and the organization as a whole can't get their acts together.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Man, couple this with the possibility of Billy Wagner signing with the Amazin's and they're gonna have a solid season.

Funny, when Pedro and Beltran signed with the Mets, everyone said they'd be a contender then, too.

The Mets do this every summer. They get a couple of big names and then watch them wallow away on a team that's not built to support them. Granted, Pedro still put up a hell of a season, but it's all for moot when the other players and the organization as a whole can't get their acts together.

I never said they were gonna win the pennant or anything. A solid season for the Mets will be about 10 or so games above .500. But with the Marlins having a fire sale, the Nationals not going anywhere and the Phillies in danger of losing their only solid bullpen arm, the Mets have as good a chance as anyone in that division to make a run at the Braves.

I understand the Mets need a power hitting first baseman but considering Delgado said last year that he didn't want to play for the Mets, taking less money to go to the Marlins this deal doesn't make much sense for the Mets.

Good God, WTF are the Marlins doing? It's like Wayne Huizenga is back.

It's easy. He's cutting payroll. He's been losing 10-20M a year since he bought the team. Payroll has gone up the last four years. How did the city repay him?

They didn't agree to a stadium deal inwhich he contributed the 4th highest amount in baseball history. Oh, and he agreed to pay overruns.

Hmmm...you Expo fans may not like what I'm about to say but Loria is 100 times different than what he thought he would be. I commend him for keeping payroll has high as he did for so long with the amount of money he lost. Accept for yesterday, I've liked him a lot. Most Marlins fans tend to agree the guy wants to win, on and off the field. He has been a great owner overall.

Anyways besides Beckett and Delgado, LoDuca (6M), Pierre (5M), and Lowell (9M) are overpayed talent. I watched about 140 games this year, and this team was so completely stale. We as fans expected big changes but we didn't see this.

As far as Miami goes this is being seen in a totally different light than the post World Series firesale. For the first time the media and fans are actually saying "Oh plop we might actually lose this team".

This is for the future financial stability of the franchise, regardless if it stays here in Miami or leaves town.

1997 | 2003

Its a decent trade, but it just leaves you with the feeling of something going wrong.

We did fill a hole of needing a big bat at first base, but last time we filled that, Mo Vaughn ate a whole family and screwed up his knee. I just feel like Delgado may have had a good season last year, but I don't think it is gonna carry over to this year.

Mo Vaughn ate a whole family and screwed up his knee

:P

Interesting how Delgado was such a valuble player for the Jays getting 100 RBI for 9 straight seasons, or something like that, then the Marlins pick him up and you would THINK that they would keep him around because not many guys can so consistantly get you HR's and RBI, and now the Marlins trade him? Huge firesale goin' on down in Florida.

Mo Vaughn ate a whole family and screwed up his knee

:P

Interesting how Delgado was such a valuble player for the Jays getting 100 RBI for 9 straight seasons, or something like that, then the Marlins pick him up and you would THINK that they would keep him around because not many guys can so consistantly get you HR's and RBI, and now the Marlins trade him? Huge firesale goin' on down in Florida.

Vegas, baby, VEGAS!!!!!!!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived