Brass

Candiens Concept

Not bad, I would reverse the blue and white in the numbers and leave the logo off the shoulders. it'll help the traditional feel of hte uniform

I think I'd prefer the white and red swapped around.

Red next to blue goes all blurry.

looks pretty good, would be a nice concept for the canadians .:note the sarcastic attemt to be funny:.

Oh, althought I'm not a big fan of touching the original six (but then, I did a concept about the BlackHawks), I must admit that I always wiched Montreal would have a regular third jersey. That have been said, I think you work is simply fantastic because it respects the tradition in colors and stripes...

I took the liberty to make this version of your concept... An hommage to yours if you will....

montrealalt.png

The concept looks really good brass! In fact I think Hamilton used a similar jersey last year (I'll try to find a picture). I like the idea of the traditional feel to it, with the usual striping, although I agree that the red and blue side by side can be hard for the eyes.

I'd also suggest to switch colors for the numbers, as blue on blue would be very hard to read for a certain distance. Maybe white numbers with a blue and red outline? Also, I'd encourage you to check for older CH logos, instead of a standard-looking M. There might be a way to add a vintage look to the jersey.

As for Le Québecois' rendering, I have to say that although it looks nice, red pants scream NY Rangers for me, especially with blue jerseys. Can you switch to their current blue pants?

The concept looks really nice, but I highly doubt it would fly with any fan in Montreal, simply because the Canadiens' main color is red, and not blue. But then again, I admire this for what it really is, a concept. Nice job!

EDIT: This is what Hamilton wore last year:

03.jpg

Edited by pollux

The concept looks really good brass! In fact I think Hamilton used a similar jersey last year (I'll try to find a picture). I like the idea of the traditional feel to it, with the usual striping, although I agree that the red and blue side by side can be hard for the eyes.

I'd also suggest to switch colors for the numbers, as blue on blue would be very hard to read for a certain distance. Maybe white numbers with a blue and red outline? Also, I'd encourage you to check for older CH logos, instead of a standard-looking M. There might be a way to add a vintage look to the jersey.

As for Le Québecois' rendering, I have to say that although it looks nice, red pants scream NY Rangers for me, especially with blue jerseys. Can you switch to their current blue pants?

The concept looks really nice, but I highly doubt it would fly with any fan in Montreal, simply because the Canadiens' main color is red, and not blue. But then again, I admire this for what it really is, a concept. Nice job!

03.jpg

Wow, I didn't know Hamilton is the Habs' affiliate. They were the Oilers' affiliate before.

When did they switch?

i agree with Le Québécois about not touching the original six, but i do have to say that this totally works. i like how the "C" is on the shoulders and how the "M" is written. this site is a place to have fun and to show our creativity and that is what i have seen on all the concepts that i have viewed. great job everyone!

I think I'd prefer the white and red swapped around.

Red next to blue goes all blurry.

yah it really like it but think it would be nice to see the red and the white switched.

Wow, I didn't know Hamilton is the Habs' affiliate. They were the Oilers' affiliate before.

When did they switch?

Actually, Hamilton was affiliated with both teams for a few years. Last year Edmonton switched to the Edmonton Road Runners, and Dallas joined Montreal in Hamilton. This year, Iowa is affiliated with Dallas, and Hamilton is only affiliated with Montreal.

Hamilton became Montreal's affiliate when the Quebec Citadelles folded.

03.jpg

hamilton did wear those jerseys. And that "M" looks a lot like their arch rival, the Montreal Maroons. what exactly are you trying to pull?

3 reasons I don't like this, although I like the innovative thinking:

1. Royal blue is synonymous with the Maple Leafs, which would irk Canadiens' fans. It's also the color of the Rangers, another Original Six rival. I know Detroit and Chicago also wear red, but the Habs have made red their color as well, and donw quite well with it.

2. Not crazy about what is essentially the old Maroons' M for the Habs.

3. Also not crazy about blue numbers on a mostly-blue jersey. White numbers would be much more legible, and even red would be better than using the color that is the jersey's main color.

Sorry...