Super Bowl L

Pharos04

With Super Bowl XL getting ready to get underway in a few short months and the NFL divying up the next 9 SBs left and right it seems, through dangling that carrot infront of cities for them to update or build new stadiums, my thoughts turned to the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl. Now they've said that if they award Kansas City a Super Bowl, it would be either the 49th or the 51st. But what does the NFL have planned for their Golden Anniversary of the inception of the Super Bowl? my idea was to bring it back to where it all began: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Even if LA doesn't have a team by then, the NFL should still consider playing such an important game at a location which has huge significance in the creation of the NFL we know today. I was curious of your insights on this and any ideas this forum might present. who knows. maybe we get enough people behind this and present it to the NFL, they might consider it. Let's hear your thoughts on this.

Want to make Super Bowl L special? Play it at Fawcett Stadium in Canton, Ohio.

I honestly expect the NFL to use the occasion to once and for all drop the roman numerals in favor of the "50th Anniversary Super Bowl," followed thereafter by the "51st Super Bowl" and so forth. I could be wrong, but it'd be the best opportunity for them to do it until 2066...

This is just personal opinion and it probably would never happen but i'd love to see the 50th Super Bowl played in Green Bay.

Think of it this way, Green Bay was the first team to win a SB. The trophy is named after Vince Lombardi and some of the most diehard fans in all of football are there. It would be a memorable and exciting event to play the game in "title town USA".

Logically tho, it would probably go back to LA.

The LA Memorial Coliseum would not be a bad place. It held the first Super Bowl and it still stands today. It can also hold around 100,000 people. Though the first Super Bowl was not very successful and may bring up bad memories, it seems as if this would be the place to go. If not there, the Rose Bowl would not be a bad place.

Archived