Denver broncos might break out navy pants monday

TruColor

According to the Denver Post, the Broncos players have been voting on whether or not to bring back the Navy Blue pants for this Monday night's game vs. Oakland.  They've been a part of the official game uniform since 1997, but have only worn them (I think) for a pre-season game or two.

Mike Shanahan apparently ordered them this off-season just in case they decided to wear them...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the blue jersey/blue pants look would work for them, I think, because of the side striping.

Of course, orange jersey/blue pants would be better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Orange uni, blue pants is what immediately came to mind.  There could be some potential in that.  

And just for the record, I actually like the Broncos striping.  I just think that they are the only ones that should use it because it just looks bad unless it's the Broncos wearing them.  Also, I hate the Broncos.

The only thing about wearing orange jerseys with blue pants would be that the striping up the side of the uniform would mismatch. It would be blue stipe up the side of the jersey and orange stripe on the pants. But I'd think that might look pretty cool.

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't read the post above mine. Sorry.

whats wrong with mixin and matchin? i like it. im sick and tired of all this traditional all-white nonsense. it looks so damn bad. especially on my eagles (its fitting with their recent play tho). i say keep on tryin new combos. white on white is just plain boring. it looks like team cheap out by only orderin one set of pants.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I don't mind colored pants w/ a white jersey.  In certain instances, I'm even cool w/ a white pants/white jersey combo.  But I hate -- Hate -- HATE -- HATE!!! -- the single-color uniform combos.  The look is garish and it is going to be soooo dated in a very short period of time.  At least I hope so.  The trend of busying uniforms up is unfortunate.  A classy team should have a classic look.  Amen.

Hi all. If there's any one-color combo I hate across the board, it's white on white. Some of the dark one-color combos look pretty good to me. Some I can take or leave. Some should go into the Goodwill box.

As for tradition, I've seen one-color dark combos in NFL and AAFC photographs from the '40s. I wonder if there were any in the 50s.

Best,

em

I like this, I've been wanting the Broncos to do this, the Orange stripe looks better on blue, and it matches more. I do not like the Orange alts though, I know orange jersey's are traditional Denver, but even though orange on blue looks good, blue on orange doesn't. I know a lot of Denver fans want the orange jersey's because of tradition, but they did when there 2 Super Bowls with the Blue.

And I am a Denver Fan.

I do believe the solution is obvious. Blue jersey with orange swoosh. White jersey with orange swoosh and blue highlight. Blue pants with orange swoosh. White pants with orange swoosh and blue highlight. Then they can mix and match as they want. The orange al was cool, but I think if they want an orange alt, they shouldn't have it be the same style as the swoosh jerseys.

It's weird, cuz I was just thinking about Denver getting some blue pants (even though they've technically had them) earlier today.

Archived