Denver broncos might break out navy pants monday

TruColor

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anything you don't hate? *heh*

These do seem nice.  Where the Falcons' all-black look failed, these seem to succeed.  I think it is the orange stripe, brings everything together.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As a leading voice in the anti-monochromatic league *slaps whoever came up with this idea very hard in the face*

I repeat, my one hard and fast rule of sporting uniforms is simple, no team in the NFL should wear the same color pants and jersey (White is acceptable) period ever ever ever. STOP IT NFL you are ruining nice looking unis.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I didn't dig the pants, but the way we bitch-slapped the Raiders last night, it wouldn't surprise me to see the blue pants become a more permanent piece.

I know the team really digs it.  The last time they wore them, they voted and it was 52-1 in favor of the blue pants.  Of course, the one vote against was Mr. Elway, so the pants were dumped.

John had the right idea IMO.

Caught a look last night. I don't follow the NFL too closely, but I do follow the Broncos. Gotta say that I like the blue jersey with white pants better than blue pants. It was nice to see that stripe continue to be the same colour the whole length of the player, but they kinda looked like they were in full body suits...

hmmm...you know i actually have to say i prefer the monochromatic look. i think it looks sharp on some teams. the Esks had white pants with their white unis and it looked damn good. the one thing i think looks ugly is a dark uni with white pants.

i guess i am a minority on this but meh.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

monochrome does not equal matching!! It can be monochrome but not match!

I have no particular problem with college football teams using the monochrome/one color/ matching (whatever!) look. However in the NFL it just looks bad, plain bad. The Seahawks look AWFUL in that all blue :censored: up they are wearing. Sure they may play good football at the moment but they look stupid doing it. I can't exactly explain why, it just looks plain wrong.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

someone explain why people are cool with 'monochromatic' (which by the way is the silliest thing ive ever heard) for everyother sport BUT football.

its called matching

Well, I'm not ok with it anywhere.

Basketball doesn't wear helmets, therefore I reject them from the equation (it's only two pieces of clothing, not helmet, jersey, pants, socks as in an NFL uniform).

Baseball - Name me a team that wears all one color.  Nobody does, so that's out.  For what it's worth, I hate dark colored jerseys and white or grey pants.

Hockey - eh, I'm not enough into the NHL to tell you if anyone goes monochrome.  I sincerely doubt that anyone does, though.  It's especially difficult given shorts and socks, not long pants (but boy, did I love the Flyers Cooperalls of long ago).

So tell me again what other sport goes monochrome?

My overall complaint on it is that it just looks wrong.  There needs to be a little contrast in the uniform.  I don’t mind if that contrast is as little as the Bears navy helmet with their white pants and jerseys.  I like that look.

It's where I sit.

My example:  Toronto Maple Leafs.  Those are very monochrome, with less trim colour than the Broncos' all-navy look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Uniforms look different in each sport. Just because a monochrome look works in the NBA or NHL doesn't mean it will work in the NFL.

And it doesn't work in the NFL.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived