Denver broncos might break out navy pants monday

TruColor

I think along the lines of the Maple Leafs uniforms, are the NY Jets, who also tried their impressions of becoming NJ Pickles last year with their all greens.  I think the charm of their new/throwback/updated/whatever uniforms is that they

1) harken back to good times (Namath, arguably the only good time in Jets history)

2) Look sharp with the contrasting white/green stripes alternating across the uniform.  (I think still action photos of the Jets in their green tops and white pants are among the best)

3) traditional, but not totally retro or boring.

Of course, I'm a Jets fan, so maybe I'm slightly biased.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've give this topic the honor of being my 2000th post. I am now alone in the 2000 post club.

:)  :D  :)  :D

Now, it's simple why people accept all one color in every other sport and not football except for all white. It's because it hasn't been done since 1960. Is that reason good? No. It's crap. If it looks good it looks good, darnit.

It pisses me off when people can't just have guidelines as to what they usually like or don't like. Instead, if something has a certain trait it automatically sucks. If they hear what's gonna be on it, they say that's gonna suck instead of that will probably suck. I don't care if you do hate all the AOC looks if your at least open to saying it's possible one will look good, but some aren't.

And White one white is AOC. It is. It doesn't matter if they have been doing it forever, it's still AOFC (All One Flippin' Color). And you know what? Most white on whites suck more than any other color on the same color. Not all. I'm open minded about it. Sometimes it looks good. Most of the time I hate it.

Not all teams look good in AOC. In fact, most probably don't, but I think the Broncos and Seahawks do at least. Others do too. Others are horrible. Like the Bills. Of course the Bills don't have a combination that could possibly look good.

I dunno. I hate seeing people not being open minded, hating everything with a certain characteristic without even giving it a chance. I also hate seeing people hate everything new without giving it a chance.

Sorry if I offended anyone. That wasn't my intent.

WOOHOO FOR 2000!!!

Congrats on the 2000 club.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against all one color uniforms, and agree some of the all whites are bland and atrocious (Chiefs and 49ers among the worst), but some of the all darks are just too, well, dark and overbearing.

But on the same hand, I think if the NFL teams were serious about incorporating all darks into their regular rotations, perhaps they should literally go back to the drawing board and add in some thicker stripes, or splashes of color to make the uniform work as a whole better.  Just because you are mixing and matching from pre made uniforms doesn't always mean the combination is going to work.

Last time I checked, no NFL uniforms had those little IZOD alligators on them....

:)

Hey, I happen to like the 49ers whites. Not even biased...I think they look great.

you cant be serious...you actually LIKED those?

okay, the white pants looked okay back in the 40s when they briefly wore red helmets with them...but not with the gold helmet....ever

the return of the gold pants was very welcome. lets forget the white pants of the mid 90s ever happened :D

teams with mettalic colored helmets should have pants that match that color.  (carolina and tampa are guilty of this when they choose to wear white pants)

I am neither a traditionalist nor a modernist-extremist, but I liked the Broncos all navy look... as long as they keep it fresh by only hauling it out once or twice a year in big games (like vs Oakland on Monday night, like vs. the last game of the season for a playoff berth, like the home opener), it will stay fresh. However, if they used it every game like I hope they don't, it could quickly become navy overload. I like the balance the white pants brings to the combo. And you still can't argue with John Elway... although you can't argue with the success they had last night... I've never seen a defense as pumped up as the Broncos were in the first 3 or so series...
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hey, I happen to like the 49ers whites. Not even biased...I think they look great.

you cant be serious...you actually LIKED those?

okay, the white pants looked okay back in the 40s when they briefly wore red helmets with them...but not with the gold helmet....ever

the return of the gold pants was very welcome. lets forget the white pants of the mid 90s ever happened :D

teams with mettalic colored helmets should have pants that match that color. (carolina and tampa are guilty of this when they choose to wear white pants)

OH...he was talking about the single-color whites. I thought he was talking about the current jerseys. Heck no, those all-whites were...uhh... ???

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived