Nike's "Revolution" continues . . .

aykay

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois looks brutal with the silver shoulders. I didn't entirely mind them on Ohio State, since it's a color in their usual scheme. I can't believe I am going to say this, but they didn't totally suck on the UNC jerseys (the new ram is gray... but still, don't screw with Carolina's look, just don't - and I am not asking, I'm telling!). But they looked forced and out of place on the Illini (Michigan too).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You're wrong POINTGUARD. If you look closely at Illinois' blue uniforms you'll notice that Nike has a black stripe on the sides of the uniforms. It's easy to miss since the uniforms are navy blue but it's there. These are the only uniforms in any sport for Illinois that I have ever seen black. It's not one of their colors. Illinois fans have complained about this ever since they came out with these jerseys. The jerseys would look much better with an orange stripe and white outlining. Other than this uniform I usally don't have much of a problem with Nike's uniforms. I must admit though that I am a very loyal Nike consumer, so my judgement may be biased.

After looking at pictures from the other games for the ACC/BIG TEN Challenge, Florida St., Clemson, Purdue, Wisconsin, Wake Forest, Ohio St., Penn St., and Miami did not wear any kind of uniform like the ones shown.

Ohio State did wear them; they're less noticeable since it didn't alter their color scheme by adding gray/silver. Wisconsin isn't a Nike school, so they're off this list also. Miami was wearing their alternate jerseys - they just happened to be black.

I'm not 100% sure, but the schools that were colored on the shoulders were Nike Elite schools. I'm not sure of the requirements for becoming Elite - I think it involves reaching a Final Four since becoming a Nike school - but programs like FSU, Clemson, Purdue, Penn State and Miami aren't at an elite level in college basketball.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I switched over from the Biggest Loser finale last night to check scores on the ACC/Big Ten games. My girlfriend saw the UNC/Illinois and said to me, "Wow...those are the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen. Please change it back." So there you go, Nike. People would rather watch big fat people exercise than look at your stupid jerseys.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the reason the Illini's navy looks so dark is because the whole jersey was the shiny material.

Anyways, I really hate the black that is in the navy and really wish it was gone. This silver sucks too, but I figured it's just for the special occasion. I hoped and thought that, but this worries me...

http://www.dailyillini.com/media/paper736/...t-1114882.shtml

BACK IN BLUE

Illinois will wear blue in Tuesday's game. The special uniforms, which were designed by Nike, will make appearances later in the season, as Illinois works blue and white back into its uniform color palette.

Though orange has been my favorite color for a while and I was glad to see the Illini move towards orange, I have no problem with them trying to get some blue back in their scheme.

However, the blue jerseys are awful with the black, and I don't wanna have to see this "Elite" jersey again...argh...I love the Illini's white and orange jerseys, but now I have to hope for a complete overhaul for next year so that black is gone. Of course, I fear a complete overhaul might mean more black and silver, and if that's the case I might just drive up to Oregon (that's where Nike's based, right?), and tell them how much they suck. (No, I'm not an all out Nike hater, but there's things they need to learn to stop doing/proposing to schools).

Archived