Halifax mooseheads tenth anniversay logo

Roger Clemente

I've spotted this numerous times today, thanks to all the local news outlets interviewing the new team owner Bobby Smith.

mooseheads_logo.gif

1029.jpg

Could be worse.  I think it works fine.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The problem with being named Mooseheads is that you are limited to only using the head. You can not use a full bodied moose for a mascot or logo, just the head. They're radio promos have the phrase "You just can't stop the Moose!" which is wrong, because they are the MooseHEADS! Most people call them the Moose for short. I call them the Heads, because that's what it's supposed to be. Moose is the adjective in this case, because you could replace it with any other (animal-like) description.  Halifax made their morbid choice, now they have to live with it.

BTW, their mascot is a weird yellow muppet dude.

champssig2.png

It's really complex for an anniversary logo. they should either go with the X or H, not both, and perhaps a solid circle in behind other than the oval shaped one. Theres just too much going on in this for me to really like it. Not that it's a bad design, just alot to it

They're radio promos have the phrase "You just can't stop the Moose!"  which is wrong, because they are the MooseHEADS!  Most people call them the Moose for short.  I call them the Heads, because that's what it's supposed to be.

At least "the Moose" is better than how Stacy Jones on Global news calls them "the Herd".

But that's what happens when a corporate sponsor gets to name the team after itself.

JPK (at least the Moncton Alpines sounded half-decent)

I almost forgot about the Herd, but as far as I can tell, it's only Global news that calls them that. That's even more wrong, considering they are just heads. The Herald, Post and Daily News all just call them the Mooseheads.

champssig2.png

Archived