Superbowl halftime show

sscrunner06

I think I might actually watch the halftime show for once.

Correction: I will definately watch the halftime show.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll watch the halftime show and pray to God I don't catch a peek at old Brit dude nipple. :lol:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The most overrated band ever.

Not quite. AC/DC is the most overrated band ever. I'd like to throw the Beatles in that category as well, but I'm sure nobody would agree with me on that one.

As for them being the halftime show, I kinda have mixed feelings. I mean, they are the Rolling Stones, but this isn't 25 years ago.

Not quite. AC/DC is the most overrated band ever. I'd like to throw the Beatles in that category as well, but I'm sure nobody would agree with me on that one.

As for them being the halftime show, I kinda have mixed feelings. I mean, they are the Rolling Stones, but this isn't 25 years ago.

The Beatles are one of my favorite bands of all time, mainly because they're music transcends time. "Hey Jude" and "Hello, Goodbye" still sound good to me though I've listened to them for 20 years.

I like AC/DC as well - you can't miss with "Hell's Bells". "Back in Black". "TNT". "You Shook Me All Night Long".

I don't mind the Stones, but I think the NFL should have been able to get someone from...Detroit. Probably not Eminem...I'm talking Mo'town, as someone else suggested.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ah horse crap. The Stones are horrible. They were ancient in the 70's! They suck, the halftime show will suck, and it's the further pussification of the annually lousy SB halftime show ever since Janet Jackson decided to let fly her jewel-covered boob.

I was hoping for Ashlee Simpson, because she was in the last halftime show that actually was entertaining in the orange bowl. She was singing horrible, and the crowd was booing the hell out of her. Now that was entertaining.

Why can't they have like a guy kicking a field goal for a million bucks or something, or have a guy throw a football through a tire, stuff like that. Acts of skill. The concerts have always sucked, so why waste the money.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thank you...finally someone else that thinks the Stones are Overrated beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I give the props, but lets move on.

Why does the NFL just not hirer the Gambling & Southern Bands... they would be more entertaining....

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I think it's great they're getting The Rolling Stones. Paul McCartney did a hell of a job last year. Even had my black ass singing along to "Live and Let Die" (here, Joel, this is for you...beer2.gif) and I'll be singing right along to every song of which I even remotely know the lyrics.

Some people watch the SB for the commercials, some people watch for the halftime show, some people watch for the game. I happen to watch for all three. Some of the old Motown legends would have been nice, but the Stones have pull, even at their advanced ages. I don't think they're great anymore, but they're like Notre Dame, reputation moreso than performance still gets them the big prize...:P

Rock on, bitches!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived