South Carolina Gamecocks

jgsmith725

In this new concept I did for the University of South Carolina Gamecocks, A: I did a new font style with the wordmarks and the numbers. used the same striping on the sleeves, but added new striping down the side , kinda like what the charlotte bobcats have now on the side. C&C. Thanks.

Home:

SCHomeSet1.jpg

Away:

SCAwaySet1.jpg

appsiggold.png

This is a pretty slick design. I am not too sure about the name on the pant stripe, but I think I would need to see it in 3-D before I knew for sure.

USC should go more with the garnet instead of the black. That color is so unique while black unis are a dime a dozen.

The white helmets are the only workable shell color for the Gamecocks' helmets. Since the logo is a black "C" and a garnet/black gamecock, a light-colored shell is needed as a background to make the logo stand up. The bird and "C" get lost against a darker background.

Overall, a good concept. But when I see that font, I think Wisconsin, Missouri or Maryland (even though those schools only use the font (Aachen?) on their basketball uniforms - maybe they should be on the football jerseys in the name of schoolwide uniformity like Colorado?).

And these don't correct the other major issue with their jerseys - the "CAROLINA". I realize that going by "USC" doesn't work for the school either (even though the school is older than Southern Cal), but there is a school a couple hours north of Columbia that goes by "Carolina" and is more prominent, with a larger national following. South Carolina could get by without the "CAROLINA" - the color scheme and mascot are both unique enough that they're readily identifiable, and they're not fooling anyone calling themselves "CAROLINA".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived