Thornton a Shark

dwertman

Just for the heck of it.....:

sharskthornton.png

It would say J. Thornton most likely, cuz his brother Scott is still on the team. They may do a Anaheim and just not put initials infront of the last names.

I gotta say this will balance out the Bruins and make them a little more productive. I just wonder if Thornton will get the Captains C in San Jose or if he will just be an A for now.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mixed feelings about this. Sturm has the speed to become a major threat in the NHL. One of the most consistant players in SJ. Wayne Primeau has stepped it up with 8 goals this season, including two, one of which was a thrilling shorthanded goal vs. Detroit. Brad Stuart was once the megastar defenseman for this team, in fact finishing 2nd in Calder voting to Scott Gomez in 1999-2000. Sadly, he is a different person since he has sucker punch cheap shotted by Columbus' Jody Shelley in 2002-03 and has decreased his defensive skills.

On the flip side, Joe will link up with his cousin, Scott in Team Teal. It also notes that the top two picks from the 1997 Entry Draft will be on the same side. It also makes me wonder if Patrick Marleau might be on the block with the Sharks only carrying now 6 defensemen on the current roster.

ANYONE HAVE A GOOD PIC OF JOE THORNTON?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Hannan wears an A all the time. McCauley wears one on the road. Primeau had an A at home, which might go to Thornton.

actually, it will look more like this

sharks-JThornton19.gif

and I got my ticket for the game he makes his Sharks debut in front of the home crowd.

oh for crying out loud you cant wait until friday for actual pics of him in a sharks jersey? you need to photoshop one now??? YOU NERD! :P

also, in regards to Sturm, I would like to add that he isnt the same player since he went down with a broken ankle late in the 2003-2004 season. If this is the case, the Bruins may be recieving damaged goods.

actually, it will look more like this

sharks-JThornton19.gif

and I got my ticket for the game he makes his Sharks debut in front of the home crowd.

oh for crying out loud you cant wait until friday for actual pics of him in a sharks jersey? you need to photoshop one now??? YOU NERD! :P

also, in regards to Sturm, I would like to add that he isnt the same player since he went down with a broken ankle late in the 2003-2004 season. If this is the case, the Bruins may be recieving damaged goods.

Ohhhhhhh yeah, the Sharks arch their names...not like I could do that anyway (paint). Will Thornton be available for the Sharks next game? I'm assuming yes, but usually with trades there is a game or two before they debut.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Kinda ironic too, since the Sharks get some big national exposure for the next few days.

Friday @ Buffalo on FSN Bay Area

Saturday @ Toronto on FSN in SJ, and HNiC in Canada

Tuesday vs. Atlanta on OLN nationwide

BTW, the OLN games in the US, are they carried in canada?

Come playoff time, this deal will hurt the Sharks, even though they got the better deal. Without Stuart, the Sharks are gonna miss one rock solid defender that would really help down the stretch and in the playoffs. Sturm is a great 2nd line scorer that the Sharks will miss and Primeau's hard work-ethic and grittiness will be missed. If the Sharks top line is shut down in the playoffs, and without a key defender, they'll be screwed come playoff time.

***EDIT***

Oh, and Boston, yeh, they just screwed themselves too, even though they got a top notch defender, the big time scorer will be missed.

Come playoff time, this deal will hurt the Sharks, even though they got the better deal. Without Stuart, the Sharks are gonna miss one rock solid defender that would really help down the stretch and in the playoffs. Sturm is a great 2nd line scorer that the Sharks will miss and Primeau's hard work-ethic and grittiness will be missed. If the Sharks top line is shut down in the playoffs, and without a key defender, they'll be screwed come playoff time.

***EDIT***

Oh, and Boston, yeh, they just screwed themselves too, even though they got a top notch defender, the big time scorer will be missed.

Well, probably Glen Murry will have to take over, same with Samsanov and Bergeran...probably he is now seen as the new savior of the Bruins, along with Raycroft...and Brian "The New Cap'in"Leetch should bring them some good, veteren leadership.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Joe did not sound happy:

Thornton was less than complimentary of O'Connell and coach Mike Sullivan, whose jobs are both rumored to be in jeopardy.

"I was blindsided," Thornton said in a conference call. "On the one hand it's disappointing, and on the other it's good to start over again. When you don't win, there's going to be changes.

"Obviously [the Bruins] believe in their coach and their general manager, and I'm next in line, so I've got to move on. ... I came back here to win, and we haven't been winning. Whose fault is that? I'm not sure, but I'm out of here, so it must be mine."

Whoa. I never really liked the Sharks, but their stock just went up in my book. Sturm and Stuart are some of the best players on San Jose, but it still seems like they made a good deal. Hopefully he does well as a Shark, considering he's on my fantasy team.

thornton.jpg

Thats just not right...just not right. I hope a Phil Esposito doesn't happen, it would be a shame if this trade ruins him byond recovery.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived