Niner Uni Update

sportshobo

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Based on some of the posts I've read there's a general agreement that the update to the 49ers uniforms is a good one. The one thing that I have never liked about 'em (and same for their old ones) however, are the sleeve stripes.

I think it would be interesting to see what they would look like with "ucla" stripes on the shoulders (going all the way around the arm of course) instead of what they currently have.

Any thoughts, renderings?

I feel the Niners are a team that perfectly updated their unis. They went to a shinier gold, added black tastefully, added trim to the numbers, slightly updated the logo, kept with tradition, and put on a red mask to match the uni colors. Sleeve stripes are a dying breed because of today's game and uniform styles. I don't really know how they could have done better. Some will say the uni should have striped socks and gray masks because they won a super bowl in the 80's wearing that and we always have to be living in the past with football unis. I look at unis like a car...upgrade to a better model based on the old model, but with new features. Although I hate the team, they do have one of the better sets in the NFL.

The UCLA stripes would work great. keep the numbers on the shoulders, and have the "SF" on the "sleeve."

The UCLA stripe could be black-thin gold-white-thin gold-black (on the red jersey) and black-thin gold-red-thin gold-black (on the white jersey.) That would keep it pretty consistant with their numbers.

the only thing I did wish they could have kept with this update was a pair of white pants. Yes, I know some of you don't like the gold helmet with a white pants. But it fits their past, and the 2 years they had it was cool. Now, I don't want them to get rid of the gold pants. I am just thinking 9ers could do a Tampa Bay and wear the white pants once in a blue moon.

Archived