Pittsburgh Penguins

flamesfan89

Judging from the use of blue on their website and the color scheme of their practice jerseys, it looks like the Pittsburgh Penguins will soon be jumping on the bandwagon and getting a powder blue third jersey. Powder blue is all the rage right now, and the Pens have it in their history, so a blue third would be a huge seller (especially now that they have Crosby).

So anyway, here is what I would do...

PENGUINS.gif

I got rid of the Vegas gold and put in a more traditional gold color. Kept the cartoon Penguin logo, removed the newer triangle penguin from the shoulders and added a crest logo based on what they had in the early 70s. Also I went back to the diagonal Pittsburgh lettering on the road jersey.

Tell me what ya think.

The concept looks nice, and I defintely love the diagonal letters. But making a whole new color set has an alt doesn't always work. The goalie pads will look weird, being all black and gold, while the jersey is all blue. You should stick within their colors.

The concept looks nice, and I defintely love the diagonal letters. But making a whole new color set has an alt doesn't always work. The goalie pads will look weird, being all black and gold, while the jersey is all blue. You should stick within their colors.

but in fairness, people seem to LOVE that stupid oilers third, even though most of their goalies have worn pads heavy on the copper...

and rangers goalies with the navy/royal discrepency.

and vokoun's pads look really really bright yellow, when he wears the preds mustard alternates.

also, i don't believe ANY team in the NHL uses 2 pairs of pants... so that might cause a problem here.

Not currently, but the Kings did during the 70's, and I think the Capitals were wearing different home and road pants for a while. Unless the NHL has a rule against it , I don't think there would be much of a problem, except more work for the equipment manager.

also, i don't believe ANY team in the NHL uses 2 pairs of pants... so that might cause a problem here.

Not currently, but the Kings did during the 70's, and I think the Capitals were wearing different home and road pants for a while. Unless the NHL has a rule against it , I don't think there would be much of a problem, except more work for the equipment manager.

i don't think it would be overly popular with the players, though...

just look at chris osgood after he left the wings, and went to the isles.

This looks great. I have beef with the font and number style you used, it looks too much like the Calgary Flames. I agree that you should take the skating penguin logo off the corner of the road jersey, that just doesn't belong there. Other than those two gripes, a very decent set. Nice work.

Love the diagonal numbers, my only beef is that I don't like the diagonal Pittsburgh on the road jersey. Keep the same design as the home and you have a winner. A powder blue alt is interesting and normally I would hate it if it wasn't a throwback.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Judging from the use of blue on their website and the color scheme of their practice jerseys, it looks like the Pittsburgh Penguins will soon be jumping on the bandwagon and getting a powder blue third jersey. Powder blue is all the rage right now, and the Pens have it in their history, so a blue third would be a huge seller (especially now that they have Crosby).

So anyway, here is what I would do...

PENGUINS.gif

I got rid of the Vegas gold and put in a more traditional gold color. Kept the cartoon Penguin logo, removed the newer triangle penguin from the shoulders and added a crest logo based on what they had in the early 70s. Also I went back to the diagonal Pittsburgh lettering on the road jersey.

Tell me what ya think.

Home: Very creative. I like it.

Away: Nice usage of diagonal letters and the club logo. Gives it an old school feel.

Alt: Very creative. I like the bringing back of the blue and it symbolizes the clubs blue jersey orgin. I think this is a good bringback of the previous jerseys.

Nice concept overall. Keep up the good work ;)

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I like it, and not because they're powder blue--but because it looks better for them than the black & yellow/gold--they look too much like the Bruins--especially when they first changed. I remember watching a Bruin/Pens game the first year they had the black & yellow---and I kept getting the teams mixed up.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think the concept is very good.

I am glad you changed the Gold color to a "brighter version" I am not a fan of the present gold they use.

I believe I am one of the few persons on this board the prefered the "modern update" of the logo. I really am not a fan of the Cartoon logo they have gone back to.

Away: Nice usage of diagonal letters and the club logo. Gives it an old school feel.

Huh? I'll give you one or the other, but the Pens NEVER used any logo with the diagonal lettering "PITTSBURGH". So it's not "old school". It's no school. Putting the two together looks wrong. Putting a logo crest tucked away in a corner looks eually wrong.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like it, but having a blue alt. with black and gold jerseys is completely out of place. I think if they were to wear blue, they should go back to those colors completely. I really like their old blue uniforms, in fact, I own one. I'd love to see them go back to these, except I couldn't stand to see a sissy(edited for the mods' convenience) like Sidney Crosby wear a cool uniform.

Crosby IS such a sissy. Oh wait.... no, if you watched him play every night (like i get the privledge to do) you would see the exact opposite.

Also, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the Pens have used the diagonal PITTSBURGH before. Twice, in fact. In the old blue (its a throwback in NHL 06 if you want to see it)

and from 1993-1997.

Links:

http://nhluniforms.com/1960s/196768.html#

http://nhluniforms.com/1990s/199697.html#

Crosby IS such a sissy. Oh wait.... no, if you watched him play every night (like i get the privledge to do) you would see the exact opposite.

I saw him taking dives in person, thus he's a disgrace, but I don't want this to turn into a "whether Crosby's a sissy or not" debate, it's about the concept.

Archived