Wyoming Wildebeest Concept

AAO

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhh im not a jealous person, but you totally jacked this thread and disregarded what was on hand here. You dont have to like what I put up, but dont disregard it. Real jackass move there, BuddyLane. And the word is Wildebeest, and the other word is awesome.

huh? :oh:

buffalo_sig.png

read the 2nd page, last comment, by BuddyLane. He responded like this thread was Sterlings (not to bash sterling, his wildebeest was great, like i said).

Yeah but Sterling's concept was still posted in this thread and is based off of yours. It's not like he has to start a whole new thread just to comment on Sterling's work. I think you overreacted a little.

buffalo_sig.png

I wasn't saying start a new thread, that doesnt even make sense...I meant state something about the concept I posted, give some feedback as to why he didnt like it or what changes hed like to see, etc.

All Buddy Lane was doing was commenting on another concept that was in this thread, which was done by Sterling. He wasn't saying anything about your logo. He has a right to comment about someone elses comment if it posted in your thread, especially since it was based off of your logo.

buffalo_sig.png

Oh I know he has the right to reply to someone else's comment, but the fact is he brushed off what was on hand here, the concept I had. All im saying is he could've mentioned something about what I had, alongside with his comment for Sterling. Not to be b*tching, but thats just how i feel.

Against All Odds,

You, of all people, should know not to attack my statements! How many times have I admired or offered up suggestions to your work? A number of times. I almost always, like your work and I think a lot of what you have done is outstanding. I apologize to you if you were angry about my comment about Sterlings work. I think you owe me an apology for commenting and saying I made a jackass move. You mentioned that you got the Wildebeest and Bison confused, so when Sterling84 put the wildebeest on here, I liked it and wanted to see if he was going to finish it. I didn't want to make the finishing comments to you, because it wasn't your work and that's not cool to ask you to complete his work. I like your concept for the Buffs, but I think the head and the body need reworked some. I have liked almost all your work, however this buffalo needs to be reworked. I would look off of the Marshal logo or the Buffalo Sabers logo for reproducing this concept. I like how you have the words under the buffalo, I think maybe some dust around the area maybe an idea.

Sorry again if you took it the wrong way. I didn't mean to insult you. :D

P.S. Thank you BullsandBearcats, you were right, I wasn't intending to upset anyone.

Bengalssuck.jpg

Yea I'm sorry, I usually expect some crit out of you, you usually have some pretty constructive feedback, but this time when i read the response it was just like, did he really just completely brush me off in my own thread and go on to comment on somebody else's concept like mine didnt exist?

But I apologize about the jackass comment. I just felt like you couldve given some feedback on the version i'd done.

I like that dust idea around the logo, by the way. B)

Oooh. Sorry all. My bad.

Hey, btw, I never meant to finish it anyway. Just a nudge in the right Wilde-rection.

HA! Ugh.

Work off of or don't. No sweat either way.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Against All Odds,

Since Sterling84 gave you permission to finish his Wildebeest, please finish it. I think a lot of us out here would like to see you put the finishing touches on it. Here's what I propose:

1. Redo your Colorado Buffalo logo

a. Make the Buffalo's body more broad

b. Rework the head along the lines of the Marshall Buffalo or the

Buffalo Sabers

2. Please, I am asking for me because I think Sterling has the Wildebeest logo

off to a great start. I would like to see you finish it. Give it a mean looking eye

and some teeth, to make it look like it's really pissed off (sorry for the

language). Then I'd like to see you add the text (Wyoming Wildebeest) under

the Wildebeest and on each end of the words "Wyoming" and "Wildebeest" give

each end a horn look like the Demons logo some one did on this site.

Please let me know if your going to do this. I can't wait to see it. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

P.S. I usually check your work daily to see if you put any new work up.

Bengalssuck.jpg

Against All Odds,

Since Sterling84 gave you permission to finish his Wildebeest, please finish it. I think a lot of us out here would like to see you put the finishing touches on it. Here's what I propose:

Buffalo Sabers

off to a great start. I would like to see you finish it. Give it a mean looking eye

Please let me know if your going to do this. I can't wait to see it. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

you have to understand that AAO and many of us don't spend our time living on these boards - we're students, professionals, husbands, boyfriends, friends...people - we have other things that demand our time more than just concepts that are for fun, especially for people like Ian who get paying design jobs on a fairly regular basis. he'll get around to it when he gets around to it, and he'll work on what he chooses to work on. things like this should be in the request forum, if posted at all. this is not a comment on the work he's done so much as really a demand to see him to what you'd like to see, which I do not feel is fair to him. There has been a steady trend lately (I'm not picking on you, Buddy) of people just requesting concepts for people to do....not for fantasy sports, or paying jobs, but just to see them done. Please, everyone, if you can't do the concept yourself, don't ask us to do it, most of us just don't have the time or energy.

Sorry to Ian for hijacking this post - but how do you feel about that? I'm not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, and if people feel that I'm in the wrong or unjustified, please let me know and I'll withdraw the previous statement.

OD_Signature.jpg

Against All Odds,

Buffalo Sabers

Please let me know if your going to do this. I can't wait to see it. :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

you have to understand that AAO and many of us don't spend our time living on these boards - we're students, professionals, husbands, boyfriends, friends...people - we have other things that demand our time more than just concepts that are for fun, especially for people like Ian who get paying design jobs on a fairly regular basis. he'll get around to it when he gets around to it, and he'll work on what he chooses to work on. things like this should be in the request forum, if posted at all. this is not a comment on the work he's done so much as really a demand to see him to what you'd like to see, which I do not feel is fair to him. There has been a steady trend lately (I'm not picking on you, Buddy) of people just requesting concepts for people to do....not for fantasy sports, or paying jobs, but just to see them done. Please, everyone, if you can't do the concept yourself, don't ask us to do it, most of us just don't have the time or energy.

Sorry to Ian for hijacking this post - but how do you feel about that? I'm not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, and if people feel that I'm in the wrong or unjustified, please let me know and I'll withdraw the previous statement.

I think your comments are out of line. Buddy Lane was giving some C&C and certainly not deserving of:

"this is not a comment on the work he's done so much as really a demand to see him to what you'd like to see"

Recently a lot of members are getting very defensive and I don't understand why people are jumping all over people. People obviously post concepts for C&C, you don't have to follow the C&C.

My 2¢

buffalo_sig.png

I agree with you Gordie, for the most part. if anything, the requests forum would be where ideas and thoughts should go. A concept consists of visual material, not just an idea or a thought. If it's just an idea or a though, it should go to the requests forum, as "here's my idea, can someone carry this out for me in a graphics program, just to see how it looks."

I don't mind that Buddy likes Sterling's version, and I was hoping Sterling would finish it off, but I'm not going to beg him to do it, I understand he's probably a busy guy. As much as I want to play around with Sterling's version, it's not exactly a priority right now at all. First of all I wouldn't even be able to put it in my portfolio because it's really his work. But I wouldn't say Buddy shouldve posted a whole new thread about this in the requests forum, so it was ok, but no guarantees if im going to be able to do it.

Against All Odds,

Buffalo Sabers

Please let me know if your going to do this. I can't wait to see it. :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

I think your comments are out of line. Buddy Lane was giving some C&C and certainly not deserving of:

"this is not a comment on the work he's done so much as really a demand to see him to what you'd like to see"

Recently a lot of members are getting very defensive and I don't understand why people are jumping all over people. People obviously post concepts for C&C, you don't have to follow the C&C.

My 2¢

I second what what B&B said. It was C&C. Nothing more.

Okay guys, let me clarify. I wasn't making a request. I was just qurious to see if AAO would complete it or not. I saw where AAO said he added wood marks to it. I would like to see what it looks like with the wood marks, if that's okay. I was not demanding anything be done, rather I was simply asking if it was going to be done.

Gordie, I like alot of your work as well. I always go to request to ask for work I am seeking. You did a generals logo for me if you remember. I also asked to see if some one would do a corsair logo of a cavalier/pirate style. You said you would when you had time. I have never hounded you or even demanded that you do it. I simply thought that if you that's cool, if not that's fine as well. I think you know me a little better than that. I, myself, understand being a husband, father, expecting father(Wifes prago, not me ha ha), and a professional. I was a little offended and felt like you were attempting to talk down to me. Now, as you said, I don't live on these boards either. I usually check out this board on a break or on lunch from work. So I am unaware of people making request on this site. I just wanted to see if AAO was going to finish the wildebeest logo or not, that's all.

If I have offended any of you I apologize. I really like that wildebeest logo that Sterling did. I am sorry for this thread getting so out of hand. I never thought this would go where it has. To back up a little of what AAO has said, if some one would like to do anything I mentioned about the wildebeest, please let me know. If not thats cool. No big deal. B)

Bengalssuck.jpg

ok fair enough you guys, i concede this situation more as c&c, but i still feel the trend is there for more of a demand for concepts in the concepts forum rather than in requests...thoughts?

and buddy, like i said i wasn't picking on you....i just wanted to address the feeling i had about people being pushy for concepts on the boards nowadays...nothing personal, and I apologize for making you feel like i was talking down to you, it was certainly not my intention

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived