Mlb uniforms project

CC97

So I'm getting a broken link when I try to check out the MLB Uniforms Project. Hadn't checked it in a while and thought I'd see how progress was coming. Kinda hard to tell. So what gives?

I'm always adding to my Cubs research if it's needed. I loved the way the site was going, with everything sorted year-by-year. It was an able replacement for the Okkonen book.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
School put a halt on my work also.  I don't know how many other people were putting together some of the uniforms.  I was just about done with Tampa Bay when I hit a busy patch, but hopefully I can pick things up again soon.
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

• 2 months later...

I don't know if any of you can answer this, but did the Pirates 1969 uniforms have the MLB 100th Anniversary patch?  I've been looking at baseball cards from the 1970 set (which showed the 1969 uniforms), and they don't show it.  I also looked at Marc Okkonen's uniform book, and it showed Pirate uniforms without the patch.  Anyone know for sure whether or not they had the patch from that year?

BTW, great work so far :)

QPR%20Sig.png

Hey, Moser, good to see you over here.  From what I can tell, the Pirates did not wear the patch.  I have yet to see any evidence otherwise.  The Indians and A's were the only other teams with vests in '69, and they both had the patch on the front of the jersey.  Sometimes cards aren't always pictured from the year before, so I checked the '69 and '71 sets, too, and still no sign of the patch.  How are the High Heat uniforms coming?
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Hey, Moser, good to see you over here. From what I can tell, the Pirates did not wear the patch. I have yet to see any evidence otherwise. The Indians and A's were the only other teams with vests in '69, and they both had the patch on the front of the jersey. Sometimes cards aren't always pictured from the year before, so I checked the '69 and '71 sets, too, and still no sign of the patch. How are the High Heat uniforms coming?

Expansion era (read: everything after 1960) is now done, all I have to do is wait until BBSC enables uploading again so I can put the team packs online.  I'm now doing a few season packs, mostly the ones where a lot of teams wore the same sleeve patch.  I just got done with 1969 (MLB 100th Anniversary), now I'm gonna do 1976 (NL 100th), and possibly 1994 (MLB 125th) and 2001 (AL 100th), unless I can think of any other seasons where a lot of teams wore the same patch.  Guess I'll have to consult my uniform Bible ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

• 1 month later...
Chris, when can we expect to see this page up and running. Also, a while back I remember a directory site where all of the files were stored. Can you tell me where I can find them? Thanks.

I removed them all and will re-add them again, a nice chunk of images are already done, just not online

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived