Bowl Championship Series

Cujo

I usually hate Notre Dame. In the past, I would have been furious about the Irish making the Fiesta Bowl. I would have blasted Notre Dame all over the place.

But this year, my best friend's son is going to Notre Dame. Suddenly, the Irish aren't the kind of demons they were in past years, and I'm all for them going to the Fiesta. I just hope my friend's son can go, too.

And, no, I'm not about to say "Go Irish" or anything like that. Like I said, they're just less demonized.

i thought you automatically qualified for the bcs bowls if you ranked in the top 6

lets see--- Oreogn= 5th in BCS poll

i think it is FREGGIN BULLSTUFFING that some confrences get auto bids *cough* acc/sec/big 10/big east?? *cough*

seriously a 4 loss florida st. team???

why the hell doesn't the pac 10 get an auto bid???

so....why does a 9 win independant team get an auto. just because they dont want to be in a conference??? they get special privlages?

who says that notre dumb will have more friends fly to the game

hell if oregon was in the fiesta bowl id walk to tempe

notre dame - has lost there last 7 bowl games...seriously :therock:

outscored 123-241 (thats almost 2x)

The End

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

i thought you automatically qualified for the bcs bowls if you ranked in the top 6

i think it is FREGGIN BULLSTUFFING that some confrences get auto bids *cough* acc/sec/big 10/big east?? *cough*

so....why does a 9 win independant team get an auto. just because they dont want to be in a conference???  they get special privlages?

The End

The Pac-10 does get an automatic bid. USC is their representative.

I think Oregon deserved a BCS bid as much as everyone else, but no need to bring up Notre Dame's recent history. It's absolutely irrelevant. Speaking of other irrelevant matters, I have a question for ya...

Ever see an Oregon football movie? Me either. Ever see a Notre Dame football movie? Thought so.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i knew it was only a matter of time before you oregon fans started coming out and crying. seriously, get over it. and what is up with notre DUMB? what is that supposed to mean, you think thats an insult? as irrelevent as history may be, now i'm curious....

how national titles has oregon won? or contended for for that matter?

i know you guys are bitter about being left out of the BCS, and i could see your case. but its like i said in a previous post; dont slam notre dame for being good and winning the required 9 games and having a high enough ranking. we got all this crap from the oregon STATE fans in the bowl last year, so i hope the rest of the oregon fans dont lower yourselves to THEIR level cuz i like oregon a hell of a lot more than oregon state.

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

so....why does a 9 win independant team get an auto. just because they dont want to be in a conference??? they get special privlages?

The End

Wow, I don't know where to begin.

First: as stated the Pac-10 does get an Auto-bid. USC is the PAC-10 rep.

Further more it's top the top 4 you must finish in order to get an auto bid as an at-large team if you are in a BCS conference. It's top 6 if you are an indpendent or non-bcs conference team. 9 wins has nothing to do with getting an automatic bid. All 9 wins is for a team to qualify for a BCS at-large selection. Every team got an auto-bid this year so the 9 wins/top 12 didn't come into play.

Those have been the rules from the begining. Maybe if Oregon would have played better against USC theyu would have finished ahead of Ohio State and gotten an Auto-Bid. You can't blame getting blown out on Notre Dame.

For the Oregon fans...

Why didn't you get a BCS bid? Here are two reasons I can think of.

1. 300 fans dressed up like highlighters does not constitute "travels well."

2. Name one BCS team that you would be favored against. (West Virginia doesn't count because they don't belong either.)

Just my 2 cents.

See ya in Tempe! GO BUCKS! :D

BB52Big.jpg

i knew it was only a matter of time before you oregon fans started coming out and crying. seriously, get over it. and what is up with notre DUMB? what is that supposed to mean, you think thats an insult? as irrelevent as history may be, now i'm curious....

how national titles has oregon won? or contended for for that matter?

i know you guys are bitter about being left out of the BCS, and i could see your case. but its like i said in a previous post; dont slam notre dame for being good and winning the required 9 games and having a high enough ranking. we got all this crap from the oregon STATE fans in the bowl last year, so i hope the rest of the oregon fans dont lower yourselves to THEIR level cuz i like oregon a hell of a lot more than oregon state.

First off I do think Oregon got screwed but there is nothing that will come out of crying about it now. However, FightingIrish, do you honestly think that if the tables were turned and ND was the team who was the odd man out you would be perfectly calm and understand that not everyone can be happy? Just try to remember to look at things from both sides man.

PopHeading-1.gif

However, FightingIrish, do you honestly think that if the tables were turned and ND was the team who was the odd man out you would be perfectly calm and understand that not everyone can be happy?

Irish fans will never have to worry about the tables being turned. Whenever it comes down to Notre Dame and some other team for a BCS bowl the bid will go to Notre Dame every single time. That's just the way it is. Every borderline call in the BCS will fall on Notre Dame's side. I honestly can't blame the BCS or the Irish for that. Notre Dame is the top draw in college football plain and simple.

BB52Big.jpg

sorry im just venting.....sorry to all notre DAME fans.....im actually interested for the UO/UO match-up.....Again, just venting.....have a nice day

all good man. and yeah, if i was in your place, i gotta say its a no-brainer, i'd be pissed. playoff system here woulda made EVERYONE happy. oregon AND notre dame woulda been in fairly (by ranking) and we wouldnt have West Virginia or FSU to worry about wasting space in the BCS.

and yes, ohio state also met the BCS requirements, as did Oregon more than anyone. whatever, d-1 football is never going to be satisfied with its postseason play, i better start getting used to it.

oh and yes, infrared, ohio state also did what was required for the BCS, so kudos to you too. first decent ohio state fan i've come across. this is going to be a hell of a Fiesta, you guys are tough, but i think we can win. i also think you can win. ha. jury's still out on this one, it could go either way. sorry to oregon fans, 10-1 SHOULD be in over one of the 9-2 teams. so there, now we're all one big happy family again on the boards! :D

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

Must see bowls:

BCS: the obvious, USC vs Texas

non-BCS: Northwestern vs UCLA (might see 100 points in that one!)

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Must see bowls:

BCS: the obvious, USC vs Texas

non-BCS: Northwestern vs UCLA (might see 100 points in that one!)

Northwestern is one of the most overrated teams this year in my opinon. They have a decent QB and NOTHING else...No defense to speak of.

But yea, #1 game I want to see is the ASU game but thats just a biased answer so my real answer would be obviously USC vs. Texas but other then that I am REALLY excited to see the Penn St. vs. Florida St. game.

PopHeading-1.gif

No defense to speak of.

That's EXACTLY why I want to watch, I want to see the sparks flying and the points piling. I don't give a damn if Northwestern is overrated, I don't follow them or UCLA, I just want to see a hundred point game. Since none of these non-BCS bowls matter anyway.

You want defense, watch Miami vs. LSU. I'd rather watch the snow melt.

i'm interested in watching Rutgers in a bowl game. i jumped on their bandwagon before the season started. they should've beaten illinois and the fact they have that loss on their resume is pretty embarassing. but i never gave up on the scarlet knights of pascataway!

although i'm just interested in watching several new teams in bowls, or at least teams that we're not used to seeing in the post season, like kansas and houston (Fort Worth) and then Nevada and UCF (Hawaii). this will be a great bowl season, but for the record, IMO, MIZZOU is the biggest group of underachievers of the 56 teams in bowls this year. phenom QB Brad Smith (maybe not as good as VY) pretty much running that offense all by himself. the inconsistency: BEAT NEBRASKA, LOSE TO NEW MEXICO. BEAT IOWA STATE, LOSE TO KANSAS, eventhough Kansas is bowl bound. i have been a Mizzou fan for several years, but this is ridiculous, they should've won the north, but actually, they're probably glad they didnt. i hope south carolina crushes MISERY. they may be the only bowl team that would lose to EVERY team in a bowl, and i'm not exaggerating.

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

i'm interested in watching Rutgers in a bowl game.

Hopefully you will watch them get their butts handed to them... *fingers crossed*...but if history has taught me anything about ASU I will never expect anything from them anymore....Goooooo Devils

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived