Duke - VT

Bearcats

Great win by Duke!

Are those uniforms an alt or throwback for Virginia Tech. I thought they were pretty nice looking but I'm used to seeing Virginia Tech in maroon and orange and with crazy piping. I didn't particularly like the Hokies script though.

Go Duke.

These were like the only pictures I could find.

duke_redick_82739.jpg

sptVIRGINIA-TECH-DUKE.jpg

I"m pretty sure they were red, and not orange.

buffalo_sig.png

Did Duke get rid of the black on the home jerseys? I don't see the letters or numbers outlined in black, and the sides don't look outlined in black either. May just be the computer. OR...those could be photos from last year.

EDIT: Duke still has the black.

BOWHPTFXNFPSHLE.20051205053024.jpg

Those Hokies jerseys look orange...which would make sense.

HPIHRFQCMMNNWSN.20051205052306.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah great win by Duke...

beating an unranked team...

by 2...

on a last second half court shot.

Yeah. Really great win.

I mean great halfcourt shot by Duke. Reminded me of Grant Hill to Christian Laettner. Virginia Tech obviously isn't that bad if they almost upset the number 1 team in the country.

buffalo_sig.png

Yeah great win by Duke...

beating an unranked team...

by 2...

on a last second half court shot.

Yeah. Really great win.

I mean great halfcourt shot by Duke. Reminded me of Grant Hill to Christian Laettner. Virginia Tech obviously isn't that bad if they almost upset the number 1 team in the country.

. . . because teams never play over their head against the number one team in the country. :P

Actually, I haven't seen VT play and they were pretty solid last year, but it is probably too early to tell for this year.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Virginia Tech obviously isn't that bad if they almost upset the number 1 team in the country.

Or the converse might be true.

And you go to Binghamton? I'm sorry. Ha ha..

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

At the risk of sounding "mod" when I'm nowhere close to being a mod, here is where you should talk about the game result. This thread is where you can talk about the orange VT alternate, or where you can continue to bemoan the addition of black to the Duke whites.

Thank you, come again.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Hey, Duke and VT have a thing going.

Last year VT pulled a huge upset at home over Duke almost pulled one on them at Cameron. All great teams have their close games, and winning them is what makes them that great team, not to mention Va Tech isn't a bad team at all.

Also, Let's not forget Duke was playing a conference game. The ACC is without question the best conference top to bottom in the entire country. Their going to have their close games within the ACC. We'll all know how good Duke and Texas are when they play head to head.

My money is definately on Duke.

That little bit of black on Duke's white uniforms isn't too bad. The blue aways have way too much black. The black alts are good as they are.

And the game... I hate Duke. But to see them rip hearts out of a previously jubilant VT bunch... priceless. I love moments like that.

Archived