clippers in throwbacks

CC97

unique, and better the current stuff they wear. the clippers need a re-design, and these are great unis to base any redesign off of. i'm not saying they should copy them completly, but they should use them as the main refrence when comming up with new unis.

I'm really getting tired of seeing all these white uniforms on the road. There's really no reason that the Heat couldn't have worn black.

It's those darn rules that classify uniforms into two groups -- white and not-white. (I believe the Lakers are the only ones absolved from this). If the home team chooses to wear any color other than white, the visitors must wear white.

NCAA's the same way. I wish they'd revive the tradition where both USC and UCLA wore their home jerseys against each other. Of course, that was in the day when they shared the Coliseum and split the tickets so it WAS a home game for both teams.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I can't see the pictures posted above (if they are posted above).

These are from ESPN.

LAS11412060637.jpg

LAS10912060628.jpg

As far as the Clips returning to these uniforms, I agree. Move them back to Buffalo too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Clips' logo is just a sad ripoff of the Lakers' logo. The team name in italics over a basketball with speed lines. Not only do they need a redesign for aesthetic purposes but a redesign would go a long way towards distancing themselves from decades of futility. (winning games would accomplish that as well)

I'm really getting tired of seeing all these white uniforms on the road. There's really no reason that the Heat couldn't have worn black.

It's those darn rules that classify uniforms into two groups -- white and not-white. (I believe the Lakers are the only ones absolved from this). If the home team chooses to wear any color other than white, the visitors must wear white.

NCAA's the same way. I wish they'd revive the tradition where both USC and UCLA wore their home jerseys against each other. Of course, that was in the day when they shared the Coliseum and split the tickets so it WAS a home game for both teams.

I know when the Suns debuted the orange alts in '03-'04. It was maybe February or March. Suns wore the orange alts at home and the Kings wore thier road purples.

Don't know if its changed since then.

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

Are the jersey stripes supposed to line up with the pants stripes? The photo makes it look otherwise, which looks too wacky for the 70s.

I can't find a good photo of my favorite "stripey" uni of that era-the early 70s "J" look of the Bullets. The first NBA uniform I remember seeing.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Only if they made the teams where the shorts the length they were when the throwbacks were. I'd be so happy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Happy=Gay. Not that kind of gay, you sickos!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I couldn't resist

bravestrafficcop.jpg

:rolleyes:

You could have at least made him giving KG, Flip, and McHale the bird. That would have been more fitting.

As for the team changing their identity, what they need more than anything is to MOVE. Go to San Diego, go to Las Vegas, go somewhere where the Lakers don't play and the fans and city will appreciate you.

And while your at it, throw in a logo/name change.

Either the NCAA just changed to that, or it's not true.

Remember the University of Illinois vs. Wisconsin game a year or two ago? Orange vs. Red...

Archived