clippers in throwbacks

CC97

Wish the Clips would wear what they wore in their inaugural season in San Diego ALL THE TIME. The light blue (a la Buffalo Braves) with the burnt orange/red looked really good, especially their logo while in San Diego. Does anyone remember the naval flags down the sides of the shorts on both home/road uniforms? Did they spell out "Clippers"? That was a nice touch, too!

Jayworld

Does anyone remember the naval flags down the sides of the shorts on both home/road uniforms?

Yes. They ruled, despite their crotch-hugging length.

RsmithSDC.jpg

Did they spell out "Clippers"?

Yes.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm really getting tired of seeing all these white uniforms on the road. There's really no reason that the Heat couldn't have worn black.

It's those darn rules that classify uniforms into two groups -- white and not-white. (I believe the Lakers are the only ones absolved from this). If the home team chooses to wear any color other than white, the visitors must wear white.

NCAA's the same way. I wish they'd revive the tradition where both USC and UCLA wore their home jerseys against each other. Of course, that was in the day when they shared the Coliseum and split the tickets so it WAS a home game for both teams.

Either the NCAA just changed to that, or it's not true.

Remember the University of Illinois vs. Wisconsin game a year or two ago? Orange vs. Red...

that's basketball...football, anything other than white can't be used for a road jersey :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm really getting tired of seeing all these white uniforms on the road. There's really no reason that the Heat couldn't have worn black.

It's those darn rules that classify uniforms into two groups -- white and not-white. (I believe the Lakers are the only ones absolved from this). If the home team chooses to wear any color other than white, the visitors must wear white.

NCAA's the same way. I wish they'd revive the tradition where both USC and UCLA wore their home jerseys against each other. Of course, that was in the day when they shared the Coliseum and split the tickets so it WAS a home game for both teams.

Remember the University of Illinois vs. Wisconsin game a year or two ago? Orange vs. Red...

Starting next season, high school basketball teams will be required to wear only white at home...no gold, grey, silver, etc. uniforms.

I'm not sure if this will also apply to NCAA/NAIA teams too.

Starting next season, high school basketball teams will be required to wear only white at home...no gold, grey, silver, etc. uniforms.

I'm not sure if this will also apply to NCAA/NAIA teams too.

is that gonna be applied nationally? cus I know one thing, one of the local teams here sometimes wears silver, and silver vs. white would be confusing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Clips' logo is just a sad ripoff of the Lakers' logo. The team name in italics over a basketball with speed lines. Not only do they need a redesign for aesthetic purposes but a redesign would go a long way towards distancing themselves from decades of futility. (winning games would accomplish that as well)

Clippers are in first place right now and have a much better team than the Lakers.

Maybe the Lakers should change their logo because it looks like the Clippers.

You could argue either way on Clippers Lakers nickname. They are both generic. At least Clippers is nautical. Lakers are named after Minnesota lake trout. CA has little lake trout, however, it is very abundant in MN. Maybe Lakers should change nickname also.

Does anyone remember the naval flags down the sides of the shorts on both home/road uniforms?

Yes. They ruled, despite their crotch-hugging length.

RsmithSDC.jpg

Did they spell out "Clippers"?

Yes.

Those were sweet. Not exactly championship caliber colors, but sweet unis. :D

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Are the jersey stripes supposed to line up with the pants stripes? The photo makes it look otherwise, which looks too wacky for the 70s.

I can't find a good photo of my favorite "stripey" uni of that era-the early 70s "J" look of the Bullets. The first NBA uniform I remember seeing.

You didn't watch last night's game between the Capitol Bullets and Chicago Stags -- er, the Wizards and Bulls.

Archived