Rosenhaus' clients jumping the shark.

sacker12

GOOD. Perhaps agents should take note. Eliminate the player agent, and the sports world will be a better place.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

And you can't spell S-C-R-E-W-E-D without D-R-E-W.  :P

You can spell A-Hole without Drew but that in no way diminshes the fact that the guy is one serious A-Hole.

"Rosenhaus has become one of the pro sports' most controversial player agents in recent years, largely due to his association with the embattled Owens."

In recent years? The writer must have forgotten this little gem from SI in 1996.

22_1_b.JPG

BB52Big.jpg

Well, "jumping the shark," as dumb as phrase as it is, would mean that Rosenhaus' clients have done something silly as a last-ditch effort to save their careers. I'm sure Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Terrell Owens, and others have nothing to worry about football-wise for a long time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, "jumping the shark," as dumb as phrase as it is, would mean that Rosenhaus' clients have done something silly as a last-ditch effort to save their careers. I'm sure Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Terrell Owens, and others have nothing to worry about football-wise for a long time.

Yeah, probably an ill-titled thread, but whatever. Rosenhaus is still a despicable human being and I'd love to see this as the beginning of a mass exodus of his clients. Probably wishful thinking, though.

Karma's a b-yotch. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Best question ever was during the news conference on the street where TO lived ("his 'sincere' apology") and a reporter asked him (basically) that what has he done for his client and his best interests, besides getting him kicked off the team. Answer? "Next question."

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Just a question why do we care?

We don't pay them, we don't make the contracts?

Why do we care if who the agent is? or What a player makes?

Just something I considered the other day. I am one who looks at the salary, now I just cannot figure out why I really need to care...

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Well, "jumping the shark," as dumb as phrase as it is, would mean that Rosenhaus' clients have done something silly as a last-ditch effort to save their careers.

Yes, that's the proper context for the term "jumping the shark," however here it's being used as a clever play on words - athletes "jumping" from their agent/attorney (attorneys are sometimes referred to pejoratively as "sharks" - trust me, I know).

Well, "jumping the shark," as dumb as phrase as it is, would mean that Rosenhaus' clients have done something silly as a last-ditch effort to save their careers.

Yes, that's the proper context for the term "jumping the shark," however here it's being used as a clever play on words - athletes "jumping" from their agent/attorney (attorneys are sometimes referred to pejoratively as "sharks" - trust me, I know).

Coincedentally, Rosenhaus's nickname is "The Shark".

Dang, that title was accidentally very clever.

Just something I considered the other day. I am one who looks at the salary, now I just cannot figure out why I really need to care...

Next time one of your favorite team's players holds out you'll know why. And yes, some agents are more prone to this than others.

Watching Orlando Pace miss training camp after training camp on the advice of the Carl Posten routinely ticked me off. :mad:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just something I considered the other day.  I am one who looks at the salary, now I just cannot figure out why I really need to care...

Why do we care? Because we do pay them. We pay them when we buy tickets. We pay them when we buy jerseys, caps or other souvenirs. We pay them when we watch them on television and use products advertised on the game broadcasts.

We pay for players' salaries by paying more for tickets, more for concessions at the games, more for souvenirs, etc... For some of us, we pay more in taxes so that teams can build new stadiums with plenty of luxury boxes to pay for those salaries. That's why we should care.

It's a sports forum. We talk about it but I don't think that necessarily means we actually "care" about it. We talk about a lot of things here but I doubt anyone's life is being affected by it. It's simply conversation. Don't read too much into it. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Just something I considered the other day.  I am one who looks at the salary, now I just cannot figure out why I really need to care...

Next time one of your favorite team's players holds out you'll know why. And yes, some agents are more prone to this than others.

Watching Orlando Pace miss training camp after training camp on the advice of the Carl Posten routinely ticked me off. :mad:

FYI - I am in Seattle the leader of players leaving, players holding out and whatever esle goes...

I am just tired of it and don't care any more. Call me in April when the season starts for baseball. If the M's suck I will not watch.

The 'Hawks are doing well but the same goes for them.

I don't pay their salaries, I don't buy tickets anymore. I bought TiVo so I don't even watch commercials anymore. So for me I am not paying their salaries.

Agents are not the problem.

Players and Owners are the bosses, Agents work for Players. If Owners cannot control themselves I don't want to hear them whine. Players should take whatever they can get, that is the market system. Fans have to deal with that reality now, loyality was never part of the game.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Archived