Rosenhaus' clients jumping the shark.

sacker12

Just a question why do we care?

We don't pay them, we don't make the contracts?

Why do we care if who the agent is? or What a player makes?

Just something I considered the other day. I am one who looks at the salary, now I just cannot figure out why I really need to care...

You're right, we don't pay the agents - at least not directly.

In this instance, Drew Rosenhaus appeared to poach a top-level client from a smaller agent who had gotten his client a deal that averaged $7 million per year on my favorite team. Rosenhaus then proceeded to rattle his saber everywhere and anywhere - in violation of his "rules of engagement" that he espouses in his autobiography - that TO's contract is unfair, as if $7 mil per year is a pittance for someone playing a game. After all is said and done, Rosenhaus has made an ass of himself and a laughingstock of his client.

I care because I am a lifelong Eagles fan, and he sabotaged my team's season. This man's ego led him to make promises he ultimately couldn't keep to a man who has the psychological age of a child, and swallowed up every word. Along the way, he's at least partially responsible for making this season the least enjoyable season of football I can remember, and I lived through 3-13 and the Rich Kotite Era. The agent is a blowhard scumbag who didn't need to intercede, except for his own personal gain (he got no commission on TO's old contract, which he had no involvement in).

That's why I care.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived