Louisville Black Pants/White Jersey

DG_ThenNowForever

I hadn't seen this posted, and just stumbled across it today. These are from Louisville's game last week at Connecticut

UCR10912040527.jpg

UCR10512040527.jpg

UCR10112040211.jpg

I think they look pretty sharp. UConn doesn't look too bad either. Altogether, a very well dressed game.

Say what you will about the Big East, but its football uniforms (excepting West Virginia and its ridiculous numbers), are all pretty good-looking.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I concede the point on the yellow not matching the black. And I much prefer Louisville wearing white over red. However, I think this is a pretty nice use of black, especially with the red inserts.

However, I may be confusing these uniforms with the road Atlanta Falcons uniforms, which I've really grown to like this year.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I guess I'm weird, but I think that a team's pants should either be white or should match the color of the helmet. (The exceptions might be the Steelers yellow pants when worn with the black jersey or the Rams gold pants when worn with the Navy jersey, etc.) For that reason, I don't like Lville in red pants, either, unless they're worn with red jerseys, and then it almost seems like too much red.

I just never did like to see a team with a white helmet and white jersey worn with colored pants. Like I said in the other post, it looks like they're dipped into a bucket of paint. The guilty parties that come to mind in the NFL are the Dolphins and Jets. Teams like the Chiefs and Redskins, on the other hand, can get away with it, because their colored helmets balance it all out.

Speaking of the Steelers and Rams, I think both teams should wear dark pants with their white jerseys. While their gold and yellow pants look great with the dark jerseys, I have never liked the Steelers yellow pants with white jerseys and black helmets or the Rams gold pants with white jerseys and navy helmets. The Packers, on the other hand, look fine with white jerseys and yellow pants, because the pants match the helmet.

I can't stand Louisville's look except for the yellow accents. The black pants are terrible. The shoulder stripes are lame and unnecessary. The logo is a joke; birds don't have teeth! I like Louisville's basketball and football programs, just not the jerseys. At least we have the utter beauty and brilliance of the UConn unis to make these pics worth looking at.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Wow...I've always considered Louisville football to look pretty good, and I'm much more of a traditionalist. Surely someone agrees with me?

I just never did like to see a team with a white helmet and white jersey worn with colored pants. Like I said in the other post, it looks like they're dipped into a bucket of paint. The guilty parties that come to mind in the NFL are the Dolphins and Jets. Teams like the Chiefs and Redskins, on the other hand, can get away with it, because their colored helmets balance it all out.

So, out of curiousity, you probably weren't much of a fan of the Bills blue pants in the 80s, right? And what do you think of teams with a colored helmet wearing all white? Specifically, like the Redskins this past weekend, or the Bucs in the beginning of the season? I've always thought that looked a bit top-heavy. What say you?

And what do you think of teams with a colored helmet wearing all white? Specifically, like the Redskins this past weekend, or the Bucs in the beginning of the season? I've always thought that looked a bit top-heavy. What say you?

I guess I'm indifferent on teams wearing all white uniforms with colored helmets, and my opinion will probably vary depending on the team in question. But I do understand what you mean about the top-heavy look, and I can't say I disagree.

Not liking these. They just look like they're not from the same uniform. Trace amounts of black on the helmet and on the jersey (outlining on numbers) paired with 99% black pants. And black isn't the dominant color in Louisville's scheme. Needs more red and less black.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i would rather see the black jersey-white pants look than this. i missed the game so this was my first opportunity to see them.

i'm down with the black partly because it's one of the team's official colors and it works, but i don't think that the white jersey-black pants look will see the light of day again (hopefully). as a student, i hope i get to see more black on the unis in the future, maybe go with a black helmet if we do all black again at home.

anyone know who is the designated home team in the gator bowl this year? if it's the big east, i think there is a real good shot of the black jerseys showing up again this year.

Does Louisville ever play a day game? Seems like they've played 12 night games this year, all on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. I know they haven't...but...it just seems that way.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Does Louisville ever play a day game? Seems like they've played 12 night games this year, all on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. I know they haven't...but...it just seems that way.

Ha ha...I actually saw them at one their day games -- Saturday at 3:30 against Syracuse. I'm guessing ESPN was looking for a cheap team to expose that had an outside chance at the national championship. That didn't seem to work out...

that was last year when we had to play at odd times just to get some national attention because our conference sucked. surprisingly most of our games were on a saturday, the exceptions: at kentucky (sun), vs pittsburgh (thurs) vs rutgers (fri) and every other game not on national tv has been in the afternoon. i was at the unc blowout. the others were at night.

but hey, we were called espn's favorite team by someone in management so i guess i shouldn't be surprised.

I hate these black pants. Louisville has such a great look with the Red Jersey/White Pants at home, and White Jersey/Red Pants on the road. That is the ONLY thing they should ever do. The Cardinal's look is so good when it's done right, it's kind of sad to see it when it goes wrong. I'm sure they added black jerseys/pants because the basketball team did it. The basketball team looks great in those black jerseys, but not the football team.

:puke:

Archived