Nhl theme songs

Suigi

I'm trying to collect theme songs from all the NHL teams.

Here's the official ones I got:

Boston - To Bleed Black & Gold by the Zambonis*

Carolina - Let's Go Canes!*

Chicago - Here Come the Hawks (on website)

Colorado - Avalanche! by the Zambonis

Dallas - New Song (no name yet)*

Detroit - Hey, Hey, Hockeytown!*(lost it!)

Hartford - Brass Bonanza*

Minnesota - State of Hockey Anthem*

Ottawa - Senators Theme*

St.Louis - Blues Power!

And others that while not official, could work:

Anaheim - Mighty Ducks Cartoon Theme

Atlanta - Kick Some @$$

Buffalo - Rawhide

Calgary - Light my Fire by the Doors

Dallas - This Flight Tonight (Starlight) by Nazareth

Los Angeles - Princes of the Universe by Queen

New Jersey - Running with the Devil by Van Halen

Philadelphia - Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters

Quebec - Bastille Day by Rush

San Jose - Aqualung by Jethro Tull

Tampa Bay - Thunderstruck by AC/DC

Toronto - Fifty Mission Cap by the Tragically Hip

Vancouver - The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

Washington - Elected by Alice Cooper

Winnipeg - Jet by Wings

If anyone wants to help out with the official songs, or contest my picks, that would be nice!

Try to think up songs that a) describe the team, B) have the teams name in it, or c) just work.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Actually, the Wild have their own theme song, or rather they have the "State of Hockey Anthem." The Blues use "When the Saints (Blues) Go Marching In."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Senators use their own cutsom made theme, but a good version can't be foudn of it anywhere.  It sounds like a brass version of the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada" laid with Neal Schon's "A Prayer For Peace".  A decent, but not excellent copy of it can be found on the Sens website.

The Canadiens also use their own custom made theme, titled "Goal Song", that can not be found anywhere.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think the Devils theme should be AC/DC - Hell's Bells...

Runnin' With the Devil, although it's Van Halen, is dated.. and not good...

The have a theme they play it before every game. I don't know the name though. Also I don't think it has words unfortunatly.

I think the Devils theme should be AC/DC - Hell's Bells...

Runnin' With the Devil, although it's Van Halen, is dated.. and not good...

The have a theme they play it before every game. I don't know the name though. Also I don't think it has words unfortunatly.

I know that one. I love it whenever i go to the games.. even downloaded it off of WinMX...

It's a great instrumental. Especially when they match it up to Scotty Stevens destroying someone... :D

But after the instumental and video montauge, when they come out in the First Period, they come out to Van Halen - Running With The Devil

In the Second they come out to the WWF's old "The Brood" theme

And in the third they usually mix it up.. could be van halen again, or some techno plop, or sometimes they do use Hell's Bells, which i love...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Where did you find all your info?

I've never heard "Rawhide" used in conjunction with anything related to the Sabres. They still play "Sabre Dance" at the games.

The other ones denote songs that I think could go with the teams.

You guys are really helping me out here.

BTW, if you wanna listen to the Avs/Bruins songs, head to http://www.thezambonis.com and click on Listen.

Heard the State of Hockey. Talk about powerful!

I'm marking the songs I've heard/got with a *.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

During the Devils run to the Cup in 1995, all the sports shows were playing VanHalens "Running with the Devil" - they had a great video of Claude Lemieux and Scott Stevens that year.

Way cool  stuff for us old guys!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That "To Bleed Black and Gold" song flat out sucked.  It just seems like a formulaic punk rock riff with some uninspired lyrics over it.  As did that "Hockey Monkey" song.  It seemed like they put no effort into their songs.  At least that "Beasts of New Haven" has some enthusiasm to it and a very fitting organ (and, for reason at all, a vampire).

I love the Avalanche warmup song: "Scalped" by Dick Dale.  Plus the Red Wings warmup song: "Tripping on E" by DJ Jean.

That "State of Hockey" song is more cheesier than all of Wisconsin.  I can't tolerate listening to it.  It's way too tame and kid-friendly to be used for a team called the WILD!  Maybe if you were called the Patriotic Pansies then it could work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Trust me that's not the devils theme. I have only occasionally heard that in the arena. And I've only missed about 5 playoff games over the last 5 years.

Dude, i've been a Devils fan since birth and have gone to so many games it's mind numbing... the Devils play "Running with the Devil" when they come out of the tunnel and onto the ice. They have the other song playing with the video montauge before they come out, but for the first period, and they come out, they play "Running with the Devil".

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Trust me that's not the devils theme. I have only occasionally heard that in the arena. And I've only missed about 5 playoff games over the last 5 years.

Dude, i've been a Devils fan since birth and have gone to so many games it's mind numbing... the Devils play "Running with the Devil" when they come out of the tunnel and onto the ice. They have the other song playing with the video montauge before they come out, but for the first period, and they come out, they play "Running with the Devil".

Alright I was talking about the music the in the video. I don't think that's there official song, I don't think they have one. But I do know the do not play runnin' with the devil when they come out. They might play it later in the game during a stoppage, but not when they come out from the locker rooms.

Archived